"Trust me, any feelings she has toward me are hate. It's mutual hatred for the both of us."

Leila scoffed annoyed, her hands crossing over her chest. "She doesn't have a reason to hate you. She's the one that broke your heart, Aries. Not the other way around."

"It's not that simple." But it was that simple. "It's just complicated."

"Aries, do you like her or something?" Leila asked. The two gossiping women seemed too invested in my personal life. It was annoying.

"Oh my god, you do, don't you?" Rosie squeaked.

"No, I don't like her." I just wanted her pinned beneath me so I could fuck her until she forgets her own name. "I don't want anything to do with her. The CEO position is temporary until your stupid husband finds a replacement."

"My husband is not stupid." Rosie faked offense. "He is an idiot sometimes though."

"I just wanted to stop by and check up on you. You look very energized and are doing better than last time." I looked down at my watch. "I have to head to the office before I get in trouble with Alex and Aden." I groaned. "You need anything before I head out?" I asked, standing up.

I fixed my shirt and grabbed my helmet. I kissed Alias that was in Rosie's arms and squeezed her in a half hug before heading to Leila.

"No, we're good, but don't forget. Your parents invited us all to dinner next week. Your mother said she'd drag you there by your ear if you don't show up willingly." Leila reminded me in a light scolding manner.

"Don't worry. I'll be there." I said. "Take care,"

I let myself out before the gossiping got worse and I didn't have a reasonable excuse for my actions when it came to Nova. I straddled my bike and put my helmet on, and then I was driving out and toward the office.

I revved the engine and sped as I raced through the traffic and lanes until I reached the parking lot. I kept my helmet at my side as I walked out toward the elevator. I scanned through my emails, messages, and notifications as I sauntered into the building and to my office.

"Mr. Grayson," They both spoke in unison, their hands at their back as they greeted me.

I nodded and smiled stiffly without making eye contact as I walked past them and to my office doors. I set my helmet down before sitting on my chair. I scanned through the files in front of me and signed the paperwork that needed my signature.

Thankfully, any meetings or client investors went through Alex or Aden and all I had to do was sign my name on a few pieces of paper. I didn't have much else to do since my knowledge and skill set was more online and tech related.

And since we were focused on this company, I didn't have to do any shady business. We had interviews lined up and my brothers insisted that I be present for them all since I was the only one that worked as CEO.

I didn't want to be present, but the faster we hired someone the faster I didn't have to work here anymore. The paperwork I signed was set to the side and then there was a knock on my door.

"Come in,"

Mick walked in with some paperwork in his hands. "Mr. Grayson, I need your signature on these."

I beckoned him over and he came and handed me the files. I read them quickly and signed my name even quicker. I gave them back to him and after making sure he didn't need any other signatures; he nodded his head.

"Mick. Coffee. Please, black no creamer or sugar." I said.

"Of course, Mr. Grayson,"

He left the room and came back not even ten minutes later with my coffee. I thanked him and he stepped out leaving me alone to enjoy my coffee alone. My mind wandered back and forth until a certain blue-eyed enchantress became the epicenter of my thoughts. She was right outside. So close, yet so far away.

It felt surreal that fate would bring us back to each other like this with the roles reversed. Was it indeed karma that had her brought back to me? I was still angry with her, furious actually, and I knew the way I was acting out was childish, but she brought that out in me. I was more relaxed and calmer when I wasn't anywhere near her.

The right thing to do was be an adult and sit with her and hash it out. Maybe she didn't mean to break my heart and humiliate me in front of everyone and maybe she did. Fuck. To give in, to back down, would be a slap in the face to the shattered part of me that was dragged through Hell and back by Nova.

I couldn't let her have the upper hand. After threatening her with that man, there was a part of me that dared her to do it, to give me a reason to unleash the beast resting deep within me.

**

It was easy to know whether or not Nova went out on that date. All I had to do was hack into her cellphone and GPS location. It was easy. A preschooler could do it. They were at some sushi restaurant, but I wasn't going to make a scene at the restaurant. That seemed like overkill.

I knew she couldn't back to the place she shared with her mother and sister, so after ruling that out, I knew she'd go back to his place. He lived alone, his roommate out of town and he'd have all the privacy he needed. It wasn't hard hacking his security cameras and breaking in. It took me ten minutes to make myself at home in his shitty apartment.

My phone beeped letting me know they'd be home in a few minutes, so all I had to do was make myself comfortable. The lights were off, and I guess you could say I had a flair for the dramatic as I toyed with the gun in my hand while I waited for them to walk in.

Whether or not she came home with him wouldn't alter his life sentence. I could hear the sound of a car engine, and the lights flashed through from the windows behind me. Laughter echoed outside and my hand tightened on a gun that I hated using, yet this was an exception.

The door opened and I watched them walk in, his hands wrapped around her waist as they laughed and kissed. The lights turned on and I leaned back in my chair, and it took them a moment for them to stop kissing before they noticed me.

Nova was in a thin strapped lace jade-green corset top with very tight jeans. Her hair was in light waves, and I watched them widen when she saw my gun. Blue eyes were filled with fear and anxiety as she looked over to the soon-to-be-dead man standing next to her.

He wasn't handsome. He looked like the shit at the bottom of my shoes. He was in a wrinkled collared shirt with some fake brand slacks.

His dark hair was tousled, short, and light with light brown eyes. He had a strong jaw, and a sharp nose, but he was nothing compared to me. He was frozen in fear, shaking as I stood up and used the gun to usher him closer.

"What do you want?" She exclaimed, placing his hand over Brayden and halting his movements.

"I warned you." I tsked.

"See, I think you were bluffing. The Aries I knew doesn't like violence. He wouldn't hurt a fly."

The Aries I knew.

Those four words were enough to take my breath away and leave me stunned. She didn't know me anymore. She thought I was the same guy, but I wasn't. I'd changed. She changed me and I'd never be the same again, ever.

"The Aries you knew doesn't exist," I bit slowly.

"You're not going to kill him, Aries. This is ridiculous." She rambled on.

"Ridiculous? I warned you. I fucking warned you. I told you if you were to go out with him, I'd kill him."

His face whipped to Nova who avoided eye contact as she dropped her hand from his chest. Closing the distance I aimed my gun right at his chest and dug it in harder. He closed his eyes as tears fell down his face like a coward.

"Stop."

"You don't have the fucking right to give me an order. You did this. Watch me kill him and use this as a lesson for the future. My word is law, Nova."

"Nova!" He screamed at her, begging her to do something. "What the fuck is this?"

"Aries, please." She pleaded.

"If you're going to beg for his life, Nova, you might as well do it while you're on your knees."

A/N: AAh sshittt! Do you think Aries will kill him?