I shook my head no.

"Uncle Aries!"

I turned my head to see Ariana running toward me in one of her many, many dresses. This one was periwinkle with a tiny bow in the middle. I bent down and opened my arms, and she ran faster.

She jumped in my arms, and I picked her up with a spin. Ariana had her mother's curly hair that her mother had styled in two long braids along with the most precious golden eyes that shined in the sun. Her mother's daughter and just as sassy as Leila, if not more.

"The prettiest girl in all the land." I smiled as I kissed her cheeks. She wrapped her arms around me and choked me into a hug. "I missed you too, princess." I chuckled.

Aden and Leila stood behind her with the car seat in his hand where Alias was sleeping. They looked exhausted. Both of them.

Leila looked like she hasn't slept since she came home from the hospital and Aden looked upset and worried about her. She tugged the bag she had on her shoulder off and handed it to me.

"Her snacks, coloring books, crayons, markers, everything is in there. Her water bottle is on the side. No soda. Aries, I mean it." She warned and I nodded. I wasn't going to fight with her, especially with how she looked right now. "She has a few other clothes in here in case she gets her dress dirty. Wipes, tissues, sanitizer, it's in the front pocket."

"Leila, breathe. It's not my first time watching her."

At my words, Leila let out a shaky breath of air. Aden was quick to rub her back and I don't think I was prepared for her sudden outburst. She started crying and bawling, and I tensed up when I saw her try to wipe them away.

"I'm sorry. God, I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm sorry."

"You're fine, Leila. You don't have to apologize. I promise you have nothing to worry about. If you want her to spend the night, that's fine too. I won't let anyone harm her or let anything bad happen to her. You know this. You know me."

Aden kept rubbing her back in support and I could see the struggle and pain across his face as he saw her sniffle and wipe her tears with her hand.

"I know. I think I just need...to breathe. Ariana, sweetheart, look at me for a moment." She moved in my arms and Leila kissed her cheeks and hugged her. "Mama loves you." Aden came and kissed her as well.

"Baba loves you. Don't give Uncle Aries a hard time. Be good, my sweet girl."

"I will."

He kissed the top of her head once more and gave me a look that screamed thank you before they both walked out of the office. I set Ariana down and she pranced around, twirling and swaying her dress.

"Uncle Aries! Who's this?" She pointed to Mick.

"His name is Mick. He works for me." I walked behind her, and he smiled at her but kept his distance.

"Like Mickey Mouse?" She asked adorably.

I shook my head. "No, princess. It's just Mick."

The elevator doors dinged open, and a very proud and confident Nova walked in with a few bags in her hand. She approached me and kept her eyes on me as she slammed the chips down on the desk.

I couldn't believe she not only found the chips I liked eating but that she had gotten me a whole fucking bag of them. No way she remembered this part of me. I wasn't happy. I was furious. I wanted to throw them all in the trash.

I wanted to burn the bag in her hand. Fuck her for remembering. Fuck her for being so confident. Fuck her.

"Asteroids." She said and set the rest of the bag down. I wanted to kiss her. No, I wanted to choke her. Hell, I wanted to do both. "You love the Asteroid chips. It took me a while, but then I remembered something you said to me once." I narrowed my eyes daring her to bring it up, but then her eyes dropped to the little girl standing next to me. "Hi, I'm Nova." She smiled.