Chapter 7

"Hola mami." Rafael said to his mother, Lucia Barba opened the door of her Bronx apartment."Rafi, what are you doing here? Where's Adria?" Lucia asked, stepping aside to give her son entrance. "Why do you have a bag with you?" She continued, as her son stepped inside."I bought it at a store before I came here, I also bought the things in it. Can I have my room for a month?""This is your home, Rafi, you can always come here, but what's going on?"

"Adria, and I are over."

"Rafi, no, you can work it out, I know the 2 of you are very different." Lucia replied. Yes, we're different. Rafael thought to himself. I'm faithful, and she's not."Mami, no, we're not fixable. I did my best for her, but it wasn't enough. I'm done." Rafael said, walking to the couch and sitting down. He placed his new bag on the floor next to him."Rafi, you just bought her a house!""It's my house.' I told her she had 31 days to get out, and then I left.""Rafi, you love her! Don't do anything rash! If you're that angry, sleep on the couch, don't leave the building. Maybe I'll speak to her.""Mami, no, no, please don't do that." Rafael sighed, he was so tired. He covered his face with his hands in frustration, he uncovered his face several seconds later, and looked directly at his mother who was now standing in front of him. "You know, I bought her a ring. I thought I would be giving you happy news tonight."
Lucia sat beside her son, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "She said no?" Lucia asked in a sad and sympathetic whisper."No, she didn't." He said, with a sad laugh."Then what's the problem?" Lucia asked."She would have said yes for the wrong reasons. Adria doesn't love me.""I'm sure she loves you.""And I'm sure she doesn't love me, mami.""Don't say that, Rafi, I hate to see you like this. Give it a few days, then call her."
"I'm not giving it a few days. It's over. I'm sorry mami". He answered in almost a whisper."I made some Arroz con pollo." Lucia said, softly.Rafael moved off the couch, and his mother followed. "I'm not hungry." Rafael replied. "I'm going to turn in early." He kissed his mother on the cheek, and headed to his childhood bedroom.He turned when he was almost there to his mother's voice. "The food is here if you decide you want to warm it up." Lucia said worriedly. Rafael walked the rest of the way to his old bedroom, feeling guilty for causing his mother distressOnce inside the room, Rafael unpacked his new army green bag. He put the bag in the closet, closed it, and got ready to go to bed. He climbed into bed, and closed his eyes. Thoughts pledged his mind, making it impossible to sleep. He had to find a clinic to be tested for ST D's
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
Olivia climbed into her bed. It had been another difficult day at SVU. She looked at the clock on her nightstand, it read 3:30AM. She got home an hour ago, and in that amount of time, she ate her turkey sandwich, and got ready for bed. Now, as she closed her eyes, waiting for sleep to overcome her, Olivia wished she had someone to talk to.