December Book of the Month

Hello everyone! As stated before, the deadline for the BotM has now been shifted to be on the last day of every month. Please remember that you may ask for a 2-day extension before the due date (31/12/22), if you think you can't complete it by then.

You are required to read the December BotM on or before the due date (31/12/22), by 11:59 PM ET, if you were a member (not a seedling) in Bloom 86. Failure to do so will result in a strike.

Please comment "done" along with chapter numbers when you are done with the BotM, so it is easier for us to check it. Otherwise, your assignment may get lost in the comments and you'll end up getting a strike for no reason.

-

How to be the next BotM?

The BotM is determined by the past four -- three in this case because of the Thanksgiving break – blooms (84, 85, 86) and the previous BotM (in this case, the November BotM). The previous BotM is the most important and, ultimately, what we look at when deciding the next Reviewer of the Month to have their book featured. Your comments must meet our standard requirements and provide adequate feedback to the writer. Remember, only one can be the BotM, so try to make your feedback stand out.

Some of you really met the comment requirements and exceeded them, focusing on critique rather than commentary (good job!). We can see that those of you who use the Bloom Bonus -- in the BotM and the regular blooms -- have better comments. However, there have also been a few of you who focus more on commentary than critique, barely meeting the comment requirements, and we've had cases of members copying previous members' comments -- quite blatantly so in some cases -- instead of putting in effort.  Other comments suggest you haven't actually read the BotM. For now, we've sent out warnings to those people, but if we see anyone doing so in future BotM's you'll be sent an accumulating strike (it will be a strike that will add onto your previous strikes and potentially have you removed from the Book Club). Additionally, you may also be banned from becoming the next BotM for a few months -- for three months. Those who receive BotM do so because of their effort and meeting our comment requirements fairly. It is not fair to them when members make no efforts in their comments. 

Example:

Bloom #1 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #2 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #3 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #4 (10% of the point consideration)

Previous BotM (60% of the point consideration)

-

🌻BotM Winner🌻

Without further ado, please give a big round of applause to taicardi for being our December Book of the Month winner! Your book, 

Sex?

is the winner for December

is the winner for December. Your comments were the most helpful and detailed over the past month. Please PM to claim your December BotM sticker and banner.

-

Everyone Else

You must read 2 chapters of Sex? and leave the proper amount of feedback and comments. The requirements are the same as our standard bloom requirements. For Advanced Sunflowers, that means that your requirement is either a 5+ sentence final comment or a 7+ in-line comments with a two sentence final comment for BOTM. Please complete this by December 31st, 2022 and comment "Done" below or you will receive a strike.

You may ask for a 2-day extension if needed, but you must ask before it is due. If you were a member in Bloom 86, this applies to you, otherwise, you do not have to read the BotM for December.

-

**Please do not automatically read the Book of the Month. ONLY members (and not seedlings) in Bloom 86 are required to read the BotM for December**