𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 {𝙄 𝙃𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙎 }

𝘼𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

The sounding of knuckles knocking against my door wakes me from my nap and I glance over to see Thomas leaning against the doorframe, crossing his arms over his chest.

"We're going over to the Cameron's for dinner" My brother informs me.

"I'll pass" I mumble, laying my head back on my pillow.

"Allison, get up" He orders.

"I'm tired" I lie through my teeth, something I'm getting awfully good at.

"Bullshit" He scoffs "You've not gotten out of your bed since midsummers"

"I feel sick" I try again.

"Then I'll take you to the doctor" He counters.

"Just leave me alone, Tommy" I groan.

"I'll leave once you tell me what's wrong with you" He declares.

"I don't fucking know!" I scream in frustration.

The room goes silent and I immediately feel terrible for yelling at my brother when he's only trying to help. Soft footsteps near my bed and I feel the bed dip behind me, Thomas letting out a defeated sigh.

"Please talk to me, Al" He pleads.

I shakily take a deep breath and roll over to face Thomas who is laid out on his back, his concerned gaze on me.

"Rafe and I got into a fight" I finally speak up.

"What about?" Thomas asks curiously.

"He was picking on JJ and I told him to stop it" I explain, picking at a loose thread on my pillowcase "Rafe didn't appreciate me taking a Pogue's side over his"

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" My brother questions, his eyes scanning my face.

"No" I find myself lying once again, relieved that the bruises on my neck have faded.

"Good, otherwise i'd have to cave his skull in" He replies and I roll my eyes with a small smile.

"The fight with Rafe isn't really what's bothering you though, is it?" He adds, seeing right through me like he always does.

"I guess not" I mumble in an unsure tone.

"You can tell me. I've got your back" Thomas assures me and I nod gratefully.

"I pushed Kiara away again. I made her cry, Tommy" I tell him.

"Ah, I see" He hums with a knowing smile and I frown.

"What?" I demand in confusion.

"You and Kiara" He elaborates "The chemistry between you two is insane. I could cut the tension with a knife"

"But she's a girl" I argue.

"So? It's okay for girls to like girls" Thomas shrugs nonchalantly and my heart swells at the validation I didn't even know I needed.