II

" Why do you want to come today?" Julia questioned, Bryce as she ironed her Sunday dress for the church today.

" Ian been to church in a while ma, plus I been promising you " Bryce explained, as his mother let out a light chuckle.

" Go get ready then son, and wake Bailey so she can get ready as well " she added, making Bryce nod in response.

" This little light of mine
I'm going to let it shine
Let it shine
Let it shine
Let it shineee "

" let's give a round of a clause for our youth choir " Rev. Porter announced.

" That's my daughta! " Carolyn shouted, as the crowd chanted and clapped for Jan.

After the youth finished singing, they returned to their seats so the senior Choir could sing, Jan sat by herself on the last row, which was right behind her sister.

" Thought you'll never see me again huh?" Bryce whispered as he took a seat beside Jan.

Janien was so caught up in the service she didn't even realize Bryce snuck and sat beside her.

He wore black Amiri jeans, and a white polo shirt, On his feet, was white Air Force ones.

" you look nice today " Bryce Complemented, Janien making her smile.

Janien wasn't the type to wear just anything to church... she made sure she looked appropriate everywhere she go. Being that Janien was on the bigger side, her mother tended to buy her clothes twice as big as her size. So today Janien wore her pink summer dress, with a white shawl covering her arms, she had white sandals on displaying her acrylic toes and toted her white mini Tel-far purse.

" thank you" Jan whispered, as she focused her attention back on her dad.

Jan felt Bryce burning a hole in the side of her face with his eyes, as she continued to listen to the service.

" take a pic it'll last longer " Jan chuckled lowly, as Bryce followed in laughter behind her.

" keep it down! " An older lady spoke, as she turned around to look at the two.

Bryce sealed his lips, as he tried to compose his laughter at the elder lady's face. Jan knew if she looked at him, he would bust out laughing... so she continued to look ahead and pay attention to the sermon.

" what are you doing today?" Bryce asked as he held the door open for Jan.

" umm.. probably just go home and get ready for work tomorrow " she replied. " how about you?"

" I Dunn-

" Heyy Bry! " Valerie interrupted, as she forcefully hugged him.

" hey Val, what are you doing here?" Bryce asked, her as he pulled away from the hug.

" hunni y'all need to save that for after church! " Carol voiced, as she was trying to get through the doorway.

" I'm sorry Ms. Porter" Bryce said, as he realized he was still holding the open, so he continued to hold the door open after Jan had gone out.

" Call me! " Valaire semi yelled, as she walked down the stairs of the church.

Bryce's eyes paced around, as he realized Jan was no longer standing beside him. He then noticed her getting into the back of a Mercedes Benz, so he decided to jog towards her.

" wait up!" He semi yelled before Jan shut the door.

" I wanted to talk to you " Bryce Smiled, as Jan plastered a nervous smile on her face.