Chapter 10- Enchanting Grom Fight

Ed and Em lead Luz, Amity and i outside. They ask for everyone's worst fears. Luz doesn't answer straight up- i mean milk!? Come on! I say spiders. They terrify me, last time i saw one i fainted. But hey. One fear gone is one closer to healing. They start with some small things to help me build courage. Fighting illusion spiders- actually feels like fighting real spiders. Who knew? So yeah i defeat a fear of mine. Luz did too. She did well. The Eda one though? That's just cruel. No-way does that scare her as much as she thinks it does. Eda comes outside and looks impressed then very offended. I cannot blame her.
"Luz! You're training to be Grom Queen!" Eda shouts at her.
Eda is trying to hide her 'caring' side by coming up with silly things that mean others think she's just a bit self-centered.
"So what if i am! Y/n was training too!" Luz throws me under the bus.
"Yeah... As BACK-UP!" i exclaim.
"You are not ready. But we are litrally out of time." Amity seems nervous.
"See you guys there!" i say to Lumity as i rush inside to my bedroom.
"Eeddaaa!!" i shout.
She comes up, "You need an outfit, don't you?"
"I do! What do i wear!!????" i complain dramatically.
"Stop being so dramatic." Eda shakes her head with a smirk, "Your parents gave me this to give to you on this occassion."
She magics a present and gives it to me. My jaw drops and i open it excitedly. I grab the hanger. It is a suit that looks so epic! It is grey with light check patterns on it, the blazer and pants matching perfectly. Eda also seems impressed with it. There is also a F/c top and some sweet silver jewelry.
I disappear into my room and change into it. The jewelry is a matching set of a ring, bracelet and necklace. Simple but effective. My hair is the thing that bugs me though. My H/l , H/c hair. I leave it for now. I open the door to show Eda and she looks amazed.
"That suits you. Need help with your hair?"
"Thanks. Please." i nodd.
Eda grabs a brush and brushes my hair. She styles it in my favourite style. (mid-long hair: half up half down with loose bun up.) (short hair: whatever style suits you best.)
I smile happily once i see how i look.
"Come on. I'll give you a ride. Luz already left."
Eda takes me to Hexide on Owlbert with King hanging on her shoulder. My hand grips hers subconsciously and we soon land. We walk to where Grom is held and wow is it busy in here. I'm so glad i brought Zepheros on my shoulder and (teddys name) in my hands. I find Luz and Amity quickly. They are standing outside talking.
"Hey- wow! Yous look beautiful!" my jaw drops and my face reddens slightly.
"So do you! That suits you soooo much!!" Luz gets a little excited.
"She's right. You look amazing Y/n!" Amity agrees.
"I don't know if i accidentally had lactose but my stomach feels wiered." Luz is nervous.
"Luz that's nerves. We can do this!" i put my hand on her shoulder.
Amity smiles at us as a buzzer goes off.
"Wish us luck!" Luz walks off.
"Luck." Amity says quietly.
"Good luck." i smirk and wave bye to her. I hear her repeat what i said and i choose my weapon. Throwing knives? Perfect. Close combat or distance. Luz grabs a mace and puts an ice glyph on it. Smart.
Gus does a good job entertaining the crowd.
"We ready?"
"Lets do this." Luz goes first.
I follow but stay a great distance back. I allow Luz to do her thing which includes puns...
"Debating with you would be point-less!" She shouts as she puts a sharp icicle through a fake phone wierdo dude.
"Oh Luz..." i facepalm mentally.
I see big spiders crawl towards us. I throw my knives at them and i can actually aim really well! Grom changes into Eda and puts a tentacle on Luz's forehead. The portal door. Luz's mom walks through and gets mad.
"I can't do this!" Luz runs away.
I throw some knives at it and run after Luz. The crowd follows- amused. Luz runs for ages and she would've fell off a cliff if not for me. Eda flies by and shoots a fireball at it. Grom is now it's true form. Not even that scary.

Amity runs in front of us.
She looks at us with a small smile, "I'm sorry. I should've faced my own fight."
Grom grabs her and reads her mind. Grom shape shifts to two figures. They are just vague outlines but i'm pretty sure they're both humans... Luz and I. Luz.2 grabs a note out of Amity's pocket and rips it. Me.2 crumples the pieces into balls. We melt away, leaving Amity be.
"You were afraid of being rejected! How about we be your dates instead!?" Luz realises then suggests.
"Really?"
"Of course! Care for a dance?" i hold my hands out.

They grab on and we form a dance circle. We spin around some and Luz lifts Amity in the air whilst i throw a knife. I join back in and Amity draws a spell circle with her feet. It is very powerful. Luz pulls glyphs out of her pockets like a gay card master. She slaps a plant glyph on the newly formed abomination. Amity and Luz jump off and catch me. We finish staring at each other. We break apart when there is an explosion. Grom explodes and grows into a beautiful cherry blossom tree! Amity's note unfurls at the bottom of it. The top half reading:
Luz, Y/n,
And the bottom half reading:
Will you go to Grom with me?
~Amity
I don't say anything as i'd already figured it out. The crowd picks us up and pretty crowns appear on our heads. Lumity and I hold hands happily and King gets chucked up here with us, as does Zepheros.

<timeskip>

We arrive home. Luz chucks her crown on the floor and goes upstairs silently. She seems depressed. I go to the kitchen and sit on the counter.
"That was a fun night." i smile.
"I'm just glad everyone's still alive." Eda smiles cheekily.
"Edaaa?" i drag out.
"What's up kid?"
"Luz proved you wrong. How does that make you feel!?" i tease and laugh.
Eda chuckles. She walks over to me and chucks me over her shoulder.
"Jeez you are incredibly strong." i mumble.
Eda walks upstairs, grabbing King on the way. She dumps me in mine and Luz's room.
"Goodnight kids!" Eda walks away.
I say it back as does Luz. I change into some pjs and sit in my sleeping bag. I grab my phone.

°Hey mada, hey mom, hey dad.       Today was like crazy and good i. think. The school has a version of Prom called Grom. I went with Luz and Amity(i'm pretty sure we're friends) and we had so much fun! Eda was suppervising dw! Ttyl! Luv yous❤, gn!°

I click send on my fam group chat. I put my phone down just in time to see Luz look a little sad. Homesick. She misses her mom.
"Goodnight Luz." i smile at her.
She smiles at me, "Goodnight Y/n."
Then we both go to sleep in our sleeping bags.