Skaterboy [Pt.1] | Johnjae

*this oneshot is coming from my Birthday Oneshots book which I've not kept up with so I'm transferring the ones from there to here*

Warning/tags: Fake names for the schools, Johnjae, skaterboys Johnny, rich kid Jaehyun

This Johnny

This Jaehyun

This Jaehyun

   To set the scene, it was after school on a Tuesday in that time between winter and spring in Chicago; not too cold, but also not warm

To set the scene, it was after school on a Tuesday in that time between winter and spring in Chicago; not too cold, but also not warm. But the temperatures didn't stop Johnny from wearing thinner clothing— actually, it's not that he choose to, he just doesn't have warmer clothing.

As I said, a chilly Tuesday evening, 'round five, so the sun was already about to set, the sky only just starting to be painted with strokes of pink and oranges.

Johnny, a tall, long blonde haired skater was spending his afternoon after classes at a local skatepark he frequents daily. He loved the wind rushing passed him as he leaned and tilted to steer the beloved black stake board his late father bought him when he was young. The memory of his father coming home one day with the skateboard in hand, handing it to a young, smiling Johnny while his mother yelled at him for wasting money. His father didn't listen and helped Johnny learn to use it when he had free time. The memory still brings a smile to his face, and when he was feel sad or depressed, tears to his eyes.

Today, such as any other day, he rode the board, earbuds flooding his ears with music as he skated down every ramp, slid every rail, jumped down the steps of the concrete park. These few years not many people used the park, skateboard falling out of fashion a while ago; but he loved it the same as years ago.

Looking down at the cracked glass of the watch on his wrist, he realized it was around six, he'd been here for three hours. He was lucky it was Tuesday, the only day he had off from his job at the construction site, or else he'd had been very late. But he still had to go home, have dinner, do homework, get good hours of sleep on the shitty mattress —but more often than not he's sleeping on the floor— in the single small apartment.

He stayed on his board, skating down the sidewalk at a moderate pace. The music in his ears strangely stopped, "Did an ad put up? Is it cuz there's no WiFi?" Taking out his phone, he looked away from the sidewalk and down at his phone.

As he was about to pocket the phone, he rode into a mass, the board colliding with something —or someone— and making him stumble forward. He felt himself push someone as he fell face first to the concrete sidewalk –luckily he caught himself before his face faced the rough concrete scrap against it. Letting out a curse, he got up from where he was lying stomach down on the sidewalk, hands slightly burning from catching himself.

"Jesus fucking Christ–" Bearing the groan to his right, he looked and someone a guy on the ground, the one he knocked into, a spilt plastic cup of presumably coffee spilled all over the guys blue and white jacket— Wait a second, is that a fucking Gucci jacket- oh I'm fucked.

He immediately apologized, "Oh dude, I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention—"

"Wow, no shit, asshole." The brunet said, getting up, the brown liquid dripping into his white jeans. He looked down at his jacket before looking up to him, his eyes sharp and intimidating, "Hey, this jacket is fucking expensive! You know that right? And you know you're gonna pay."

The stranger said it more as statement –almost like a command– than an offer or question. Johnny began to get nervous; there's no way in hell he can afford to pay from that, he'll be can barely afford his own rent and food.

"Listen man, I really can't–"

The other came up, pointing a finger and jabbing it at his chest, face clearly pissed. "Then you should've thought of that before crashing into me moron."

Okay, now it was his turn to be pissed. His nervous features shifted, taking on a more serious, and what his classmates would call "scary as fuck" expression and took out a five dollar bill. "Listen bud, the most I can offer is five dollar for the drink. I'm neither have the money, nor willing to pay for some spoiled brat's jacket."

Though he wouldn't admit it, the brunet was surprised at the blonde's sudden change. But he didn't back down. He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Fine. Since you insist." He snatched the bill from the other. "What's your name and the school you go to."

Johnny rolled his eyes. What does he think he'll do? Report me to the school? And what will they do? Suspend me? Detention? Over a spilled drink? Ha. Instead of giving the answer, "Why? Interested?" He gave the brunet a wink, earning furrowed eyebrows and a glare. Before the brunet could speak, "H.I. Highschool; Johnny Suh."

Nodding, the other said, "Milford Private Highschool; Jung Jaehyun."

🛹

   Unlocking the apartment door, he looked in, calling off not too loud, "Mark?" Stepping in the living room slash dining room, he noticed it was empty. Looking to the right the kitchen was also empty; popping his head into the bedroom he saw it was also empty. As he was about to leave then room he noticed a small piece of paper on the crappy wooden shelf that wasn't there this morning. Grabbing the little blue postit note, he read the rushed handwriting of his younger brother.

   "i have soccer practice tonight cuz we have a big game on the 16th and the convenient store after that
   i'll be home late so don't worry
                  —love mark"

   Sticking the note back on the wooden shelf he stood his board against the shelf, grabbing his backpack with his school things. Johnny places the bag next to the table, heading into the kitchen to see what they had. Canned beans –Nah, I'm tired of those, maybe tomorrow–, canned pulled pork —maybe, with some scrambled eggs perhaps?–. Grabbing the can he searched for the can opener which he found in one of the drawers. Dumping the content into a pot and turning on the beat he let it cook as he reaches into the near empty fridge and got two eggs.

   Minutes later he served two plates of pulled pork and scrambled eggs. Wrapping on in tin foil, he left it in the microwave for Mark to heat up when he comes home.

   He did his homework as he ate.  When he finally finished he leaned back, looking around the small apartment. Johnny's thoughts went back to the boy from earlier. Jung, Jaehyun... huh, he must also be korean then. He thought back to the other, would he actually report him to his school? If the guys loaded –judging by the clothes and that he said he went to one of the more expensive private school around him– he could easily bribe the school to suspend –or even expel him.... he certainly could not afford for that to happen.

   But alast, he'll just have to wait and see.

To be continued
_______________________
*not edited*

Thoughts?