[75] All Or Nothing

Start from the beginning

Once they had dragged the guard off into a tight corner, King and Ace set to work getting into the vault and grabbing as much money as they could, and stuffing it into the duffel bags they had been carrying on their shoulders. Just then, they heard a loud thump coming from the main lobby, making them jump. "You hear that?" Ace inquired. King nodded slowly.

Then Ace put his bag down and picked up his AR-15. "I'll go check it out," he said.

"Okay," King replied.

Then Ace left the vault to patrol the bank, first checking to make sure the security guard was still out, before he went to check the rest of the bank. However, he never even made it out of the lobby.

"Kyle Reston," came the shout of the green-hooded vigilante. The Emerald Archer fired off an arrow, which bounced off the police shield that Ace used to defend himself. "I came prepared," Ace sneered. Then he pulled out his automatic weapon and opened fire.

The Emerald Archer ran and ducked for cover as bullets sprayed in every direction.

Ace managed to pin the vigilante down behind one of the desks, but he was so focused on getting the archer in the green hood that he forgot to keep an eye out for the archer in the black hood until it was too late.

All at once two arrows lodged themselves in Ace's wrist forcing him to drop his weapon and shield, as he let out an agonizing howl. Then he whirled around only to get shot two more times in the chest, with one arrow embedding itself a mere six inches from his heart.

Regardless, Ace clenched his teeth through the pain and wrenched the arrows out of his body before engaging the Noir Assassin in a duel.

However, even with the adrenaline coursing through his veins he was still no match for the vigilante and was bested within minutes.

At the same time, the security guard had woken up and darted across the room to grab his own rifle and King came out of the vault with his gun aimed at Dearden. But it was quickly shot out of his hand the Emerald Archer who was knocking another arrow directed towards King's heart. "No, I've got this, you keep your focus on Ace," the Black Hood growled before he turned his back to Ace and the Emerald Archer and stared down King. Then he removed his shozoku mask and lowered his hood revealing his true identity to the head of the Royal Flush Gang.

"What the hell are you doing?" his partner shouted.

"QUIET!" Dean hissed.

King was dumbfounded. How could he not be? After all, he just discovered that the man who ruined his life and offered him a job was ALSO the vigilante who foiled his plans to rob the bank.

"It's you," King said, removing his own mask.

"Yeah, it's me," Dean answered.

"FREEZE! DROP YOUR WEAPONS AND GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!" the security guard yelled, cocking his weapon.

Dearden went rigid and Oliver jerked up and looked at the guard in surprise. Without turning around, Dearden said, "Kapushon, on my signal engage Smoke and Mirrors Protocol."

" I SAID DROP YOUR WEAPONS AND GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!" the guard repeated.

"NOW!" Dean barked.

Oliver twirled around swiftly and shot the arrow he had already loaded at on of the ceiling lights causing it to short-circuit and explode, creating a thick plume of smoke that set off the fire alarm.

In the madness, Dearden hurried put on his mask again and raised his hood, then he grabbed Ace's unconscious form, and threw him over his shoulder, as well as the bag of money King dropped and led the other two men out of the bank. Once they were out of the building and across the street a few feet away from the Royals' getaway car, Queen saw them coming and got out to meet them.

"Derek, what the hell happened?" she questioned. "What are they doing here?"

"We're letting you off with a warning," the Noir Assassin declared, dropping the bag of money at her feet and setting Ace down gently. All three of the conscious adults gaped at the vigilante in disbelief. "What?" the Hood seethed. However, his partner ignored him in favor of King.

"I told you I was going to do things differently, and I meant it. I offered you a chance to do things differently, too, but you didn't," the Assassin snarled. "And yet here I am giving you one last chance. Take the money you have and leave Starling City forever. And if I ever see you or your family in my city again, I will do more than ruin your lives... I will end them."

Queen blanched fearfully, but her husband nodded in acceptance.

Dean clenched his jaw. "Good. Now, get out! And make sure you oldest son gets the message. Otherwise, he'll be the first card in the deck that I fold."

It didn't long after that for the Reston to load the money and their son into the back of the van after Dean made his threats, but as he got in the passenger seat, Derek Reston took one last look at Dearden before the van pulled off and drove away from the vigilantes, away from Starling City, and away from their past sins.

"Dean," Oliver started.

"Not now, Ollie. Let's just go home."