five

season 2, episode 7 - truth, bitter, truth

CHRIS KELLER HAS BEEN TRYING TO CONVINCE Josie to record a song with him in the studio and everytime she rejects his offer. She wasn't stupid, she knew Chris was trying to hit on her and in the process try to help her at the same time. She hasn't told her husband about Chris asking her because she wasn't going to take his offer but she managed to convince Haley to give her singing a shot, too. Nathan and Lucas were going on a trip to go watch a basketball game which meant, Josie had the house all to her self. Brooke was there when she said goodbye to her husband which cause the Davis girl to convince the Cameron-Scott burnette that they should have a sleepover. So that's why Josie found herself at the store to buy baking items so she can bake cookies.

"Josie Cameron." A voice called out for her causing Josie to turn around, only to find Chris Keller walkding down the aisle towards her.

"Chris." Josie said, holding her grip tighter on the basket filled with the baking items, "Can I help you?"

"Yes, you can." Chris nodded his head, he eyed the basket she held, "You got the talent and you don't want to go there."

"I can go there, all by myself." Josie eyed him, "Thank you very much."

"I can help you get there!" Chris nearly yelled for everyone to hear, "Please, just come to the studio and I can help you record a song and then you'll tell me if you wanna continue."

Josie sighed. She wanted to record one of her song inside a studio, she wanted it to be produced but she just wasn't sure if Nathan would feel comfortable that she was doing all that with Chris. She looked down at her basket before looking back up at him.

"Fine." Josie agreed causing Chris to let out a smirk, he turned around ready to walk out but Josie wasn't finished with her deal. "I'll go aslong as I can bring Haley with me." Chris turned back around, a grim look on his face. Josie held a smirk on her face. "Take it or leave it."

"Fine." Chris muttered.

***

"I just don't understand why I have to go." Haley complained as she and Josie walked towards the address of the studio that Chris had given the Cameron-Scott brunette.

"Because you love me and because you can get your opportunity to sing, too." Josie explained to her friend as she opened the door, "And because I know Chris is going to try and hit on me and I don't want to give him any signs that I'm naive to fall for him."

Haley nodded her head, she understood so when they entered the studio, Chris was already there waiting for the two best friends. He eyed Haley before his eyes traveled down to Josie. "Alright, let's get to work."

Josie nodded her head making her way inside the sound-booth and grabbed the headphones that rested on the microphone. She decided she wanted to record, 'First man', the song she sang at TRIC but Chris had other ideas.

"We're going to record a duet." Chris briefly told her, he walked inside the sound-booth and placed the paper filled with the song lyrics in front of her. "It's called 'When the stars go blue'."

Josie scoffed, "I agreed to record one of my songs not sing a duet with you."

"Just try it out." Chris ignored her attitude. "If your voice isn't right, I'll find someone else."

He walked out of the booth and went over to sit down to start the recording. He began to play the music for the track. Josie waited until her part came along and once it did she began to sing, "Where do you go when your blue? Where do you go when your lonely? I'll follow you. When the stars go blue."