two

season 1, episode 2 - the places you have come to fear the most

JOSIE GRABBED HER JACKET JUST IN TIME as Keith's truck pulled up in front of her house

JOSIE GRABBED HER JACKET JUST IN TIME as Keith's truck pulled up in front of her house. She hurried down the front porch steps and opened the back door, sliding into the seat. Haley sat in the front passenger seat, she quickly greeted them as she put on her seatbelt, and Keith took off down the road.

Karen decided not to go to Lucas' first game and open the cafe for business. Josie couldn't help but feel for both Karen and Lucas. Lucas because he needs his mother's support but Josie understood Karen—going back to the gym where it all started would for sure bring memories to Karen.

The parking lot of Tree Hill High was filled with cars, but they managed to find a parking spot near the main doors. The three made their way inside the gym, which was filled with people looking for seats. The three managed to find an area to sit down on the bleachers. Once the three took their seats, they observed the teams warming up.

"Keith!" Dan Scott, Lucas and Nathan's father, came up behind the three of them. The younger Scott brother gave a pat on Keith's shoulder, a smile on his lips, "Finally came to see your nephew play, huh, big brother?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Keith responded. Dan nodded and passed the group to find his own seat. Keith looked down at the two girls and gave them a look, which they both returned.

Their attention came back to the court, where Nathan ran out of the locker room, holding his hands up to catch the basketball as he ran towards the basket and jumped to dunk the ball inside. The crowd began to cheer as he did so.

"That just boosts up his ego." Josie scoffed lightly, her eyes trained on the Scott boy before she met up with blue eyes, causing her to shift her eyes elsewhere.

Lucas ran off the locker room, with James behind him. Josie eyes trained on the blonde Scott boy and noticed the nervous features on his face, she lightly gave him a smile in which he returned. Her eyes then glanced at her brother who was smiling wide—one thing she knew about her brother that he was equally as passionate about the game as everyone on the court. She also gave him a smile, to which he returned with one of his own, before his eyes glanced at Haley.

Josie rose her eyebrow at this before Whitey's voice caused James to look away from an oblivious Haley.

"Alright, come on in. Hustle, hustle." Whitey called out to them, causing the team to jog over to him and circled around him as he gave a pre-game pep-talk.

The game had begun, Nathan and a member of the opposing team met at the center of the court. The referee blew his whistle as he tossed the ball to the air and Nathan moved from his position to smack the ball to the team.

The ball traveled to the players on the team, and James threw the ball to Lucas and instead of catching the ball, it slipped through his grasp, and was thrown at the line of the cheerleaders. Josie lightly winced but Peyton was luckily able to dodge the ball before it hit her.