eighteen

season 1, episode 22 - the games that play us

THE PLAYOFF GAME, THE GAME THAT DETERMINED if the Ravens were to go to the championships and if not then their basketball season was over

THE PLAYOFF GAME, THE GAME THAT DETERMINED if the Ravens were to go to the championships and if not then their basketball season was over. Mouth spoke through his microphone to update his web cast as he spoke, "Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Tree Hill Ravens basketball, brought to you by web cast at Ravenshoops.com. I'm Mouth McFadden and the playoffs are finally here, so throw out the record, if the raven's lose this one, the season is over."

A FEW DAYS EARLIER

Josie found herself outside of the school, sitting at one of the tables that were on the patio waiting for Haley to finish talking to James about their plans. She hasn't heard a word from Nathan after their parting and she couldn't help but miss him but nevertheless she stood her ground, she was stubborn like that.

She pulled out her phone from her pocket and saw her pictures with Nathan, one of the pictures showed them both smiling at the camera, the both of them wearing huge smiles on their faces while the other one showed the picture he took of her when they were at Karen's Cafe late night drinking hot chocolate as she smiled.

"Don't think I haven't noticed your part in all this." A voice spoke causing her smile to turn into a frown as Dan sat beside her, "You know, Josette, if you're going to manipulate him, you should aim a little higher—and remember, pay back is hell." Dan stood up from the bench and turned around to walk away but he spoke up once again, "By the way, nice tattoo—real classy."

PRESENT

"Just moments away from the beginning of this playoff game, winners advance. To the losers, well their season is over." Mouth spoke, "Dan Scott is standing in for Coach Whitey Durham who is out with an illness, not sure who signed off on that on but let's hope Coach Durham gets well soon."

Nathan looked around the bleachers, scanning every face for a familiar face but he couldn't find her. Lucas was behind him as the people in front of them warmed up for the game, "Hey, you okay?"

"Have you seen Josie?" Nathan asked as Lucas shook his head. The eldest Scott boy let out sigh before a ball was passed down to him. He dribbled the ball before running up to the hoop and jumped, making a shot.

A FEW DAYS EARLIER

Haley, Peyton and Josie decided to hang out and once they were done, Peyton drove the girls back to their houses. She dropped off Josie first, due to her house being closer once the blonde pulled up and all of the girls found Nathan sitting on her doorstep outside in the rain. Josie was surprised her parents hadn't told him to go home but nevertheless she thanked Peyton and stepped out of the car.

"Nathan, you're soaked." Josie pointed out the obvious as she ran up to him, "What are you doing?"

"I just went for a run to clear my head and I guess this is where I ended up." Nathan gestured over to her house before he placed his focus back on her, "Look, Josie, the picture of Peyton didn't mean anything, okay?"