" how about I give you money instead? " Jan asked August, as she followed her into the room.

" how about... No. " August snickered, "and... momma said if we are going to bet, no money should be involved then it will be considered gambling " added August.

" When do you ever listen to what mom says?" Jan chuckled, as she furrowed her eyebrows.

" Today, besides... you need to stop being afraid Jan, you're 19 and I am 17 I've experienced more than you have within your lifetime " August said.

" Sang it right Valerie! " Ms. Evans demanded, as she was growing angry with her granddaughter.

Today was Saturday, which meant it was Choir practice early in the morning, 9 am to be exact.

Janien sang in the front, while the rest of the chorus was singing behind her. It was getting towards Easter Sunday, and the youth Choir was going to lead the service.

" let's start over, Jannie take it from the top!" Ms, Evans Directed as she counted to three.

" Go telling on the mou-

" look Hilary, and Valarie... there are two weeks until Easter and we don't have time to be playing around! " Ms. Evans growled, " Now, stop miss behaving and Sing it right! " she commanded as she gritted her teeth together.

" Ah one, ah one, ah one, two, three "

" at the cross at the cross
Where I first saw the light
And the burdens of my heart
Rolled away "

Janien drove down the crowded street, as she stressed looking for a parking spot. Lynn and August had already impatiently jumped out of the car, leaving Jan alone.

Finally, she came across one parked beside a 2014 Toyota Corolla. After parking the car she then took off her seatbelt and pulled the sun visor down to touch up her lashes and lipgloss.

She did t have to do much when it came to makeup because she was so kissed by the God above... with the perfect two-toned lip combo, and glossy skin.

Janien's phone buzzed as she grabbed it from the cupboard.

𝐀𝐮𝐠🫶🏽
- Did you find a spot?

- Yeah I'm coming in a bit.

" thank you so much for dragging her out of the house August, I knew I can depend on you!" Taeleigh smiled, as she gave August a nice hug.

Taeleigh is Janien's best friend, she knew Her asking Jan to come to a party would be way outta her league so she told August to do so instead, and just so happens This is payback from the bet they agreed on.

Janien sat on the bar stool beside her best friend, as they shared a cup of Bacardi and jungle juice.

" neenie, you need to lighten up, " Tae said, as she called Jan by her childhood nickname. " here take a sip " Tae pushed the glass towards Janien as she scrunched up her face.

" mhmm... I gotta drive back home, I don't think so " Jan declined, as Tae rolled her eyes.

" one shot Jan, come on? " Tae begged.

Janien picked up the glass from off the countertop, sniffing it before she contemplated drinking it.

" Nah ima pass, " She said, putting the glass back on the counter.

" Ugh, you are so boring! " Tae, whined as she threw the shot back, chasing it with a Red Bull.

" Red Bulls are dangerous for your heart" Jan informed. "Also they false advertisement because it won't give you wings " she added, as Tae busted out laughing.