diploma, peter parker

you were in a college and take the opportunities to study in tourism course. and yeah, you really loves travelling and wanna know each one country history and else.

but, you have other interest more. you really loves music and cars. i mean f1 cars rn. you really loves em and you accidentally follows your dad steps. your dad was kinda okay cuz he really wants you to be like him.

at the class, while the teacher explaining about the quotation, you doesn't even pay attention at the board. you were thinking about what will you do in the future. what will you be in the future.

“i really wanna be a guitarist”
“at the same time, dad wants me to work at the tourism carrier.”
“but, i dont wanna work inside the tourism thing. i wanna work outside of the course.” you whisper.

“miss y/n, you here with us?” the teacher noticed. “huh? y- yeah, im here.” you quickly take a pen and a notebook. “could you tell me what is quotation?” goddamn it.

“uh, well..” you look at the other classmates. “well, its kind of an information that based on price issued by the supplier to the buyer offered by customer?” you answered cautiously.

“pretty good. good job y/n. but your grammar a lil bit not too nice.” she said and you sat down. “and yeah, stop daydreaming and focus from now on.” you nodded.

“what were you thinking about, y/n?” she suddenly asked. “oh, um, its just.. about what i want to be in the future.” the teacher seems interest about this. “hm, yeah. good question. well, everyone, do you know who you wanna be?” she asked.

the class fall silents. “cmon, everybody?” then, sophia stands up. “i wanna be a writer or a producer movie. but my mom said she wanna aim me to get into the tourism carrier.” the teacher nodded. “alright, good. anyone else?” there's a lot of students answer it now.

“i wanna work as a doctor”

“i wanna be a drummer”

“i wanna be a lawyer”

“i wanna be a politician”

you were stay silent and watching as they answer it happily. “very good, class. that doesn't mean like if you go to this course, you need to be a tour guide, a driver guide, travel agent or else. you have to choose based on your interest.” you nodded.

“so, y/n, what you wanna do or be in the future.” she already ask you. “this sounds crazy to me, miss. but, i wanna be an F1 female driver.” the class look at me unbelievable. “that's so fucking cool, y/n.” daniel said with his happy face.

“languange. yeah, its a really nice job, y/n.” you cut her from talking. “but miss, its impossible if a female with wearing glasses being a driver in formula 1. its so impossible.” she sigh after you said that.

“y/n, doesn't mean if you're a female, wearing glasses can't be a racing driver. you can. female can do as men can do. its not impossible. its possible. and yeah i knew that you entered every go kart racing in the weekend and won everytime. its your passion that i knew.”

“but, my mom really wants me to work at the tourism course. but, i wanna have my own taste in job.” she nodded. “i understand, y/n, but i guess, its important if you focus on your last year diploma and then, you can start thinking about this with your parents.”

you nodded. “yes maam.” she smiles and the class dismissed. at the cafeteria.

your pov

i went to take my meal then i bumped into peter parker aka my childhood friend. “y/n?” he greet me. “oh hey parker.” you sat down with your grumpy face. “anything happen today?” he asked. “yeah, definitely. its about what i want to be.”

“oh thats great you already think about it.” i smiles a bit. “but, both of my parents want me to be in tourism course.” he eats one by one. “is it too early to talk about this?” i asked innocencely. “what? early? y/n, you almost 20. how its that early?”

“btw, what do you want to be as an adult?” he asked me again. “i've been thinking about this for a day. but it seems too impossible.” he sat infront of me and starts eating the food.

“hm? what do you mean its impossible?” he suspicious. “well, its a dangerous sport.” he's in shocked. “dangerous? what kind of job is that?” i sigh. “i wanna be an f1 driver.” i look down and top eating.

“holy shit- y/n!! thats so fucking cool!!” i look up at him. “cool?” he nodded. “ofc!! the first female friver under 18 racing on the legendary tracks!! how does it feels like?!” i really like him.

“yeah but my-”

“hey, you think i didn't knew about this shit? your classmates, daniel just talk about this with me.” i just stares at his eyes. “i knew that your parents want you to be a tourist guide, tour guide or some shit.”

“but, you need to understand. you have to work with what you interest in you know?” i nodded and keep eating. “so, there is no problem with being an f1 driver.” he smiles at me. “you are the best, peter parker.” he smiles. “i wish if my parents thinking as same as you.”

he pat my hand. “its okay. they doesn't know yet what your passion. show em, y/n. get a diploma and you show em what you got.” he smiles and wink at me.

“i dont wanna get a diploma alone. i want you and me get the diploma together.” he look inside my eyes. “y/n, i will. i will get the diploma. we will.” he suddenly rubs my cheeks and my face turns red.

time skip.

3 years later i'll get diploma. from now on, imma start to work harder and get that diploma. after 3 years progress, we gonna get the diploma!! i am so excited.

i just can't believe its the time to get the diploma. there have a lot of parents outside. i never saw parker now. im so scared. then, my teacher met me. “y/n, cmon honey, go queue, we're in the hurry” so i went to queeu.

im still searching for parker i've been looking around and i met his eyes a few people from me. “parker!!” i whisper shout and waved at him. “y/n!!” he answered back. “quiet guys!! the ceremony about to start.”

ceremony

i am so nervous. idk why but im about to cry because im gonna get the diploma and started working for my dream job. after a few names has been said, and now its my turn. “y/n russell, from tourism course.” my parents clapped hands including peter parker at the side of stages.

i smiles and i get out of the stage. i quickly hugs parker as soon as i see him. “i did it!! i did it!! i did it!!” i keep jumping while hugging him. “I KNOW Y/N!! WE DID IT!! IM SO SO PRPUD OF YOU, Y/N RUSSELL!!”

after that, we went outside to meet our parents. “y/n!!” they shouts and they hug me tightly. i really knew what question they'll ask later. i saw parker family with ben. “congrats parker, im so proud of you.” they look so happy.

“you get a diploma now and we want you to continue studying tourism and be the tourist guide.” i knew it all the time. “yes i know mom, dad. but can you give me time? i already finished my study. can i have a break?” i said.

i can sense psrler behind me. “hi mrs and mr russell. im peter parker. y/n's best friend.” he shake hands with them and he put his hand on my shoulder.

“i guess, you dont have to push her to hard or she'll get depressed and give up on this course. and she told me, she doesn't wanna work inside the tourism. she really wanna be an f1 driver. the first female driver in the world.”

“parker!!” i hide my face. “f1 driver? the first female driver. that's interesting.” i look at dad. “you can't waste the 4 years learning tourism and be the racing driver.” my mom has started.

my smiles faded. “but, honey, its her interest. we cannot push her to be the tourist guide or an agent.”
“if she really thoughy she wanna be the driver, why dont you put her inside the automotive course.”

“mom, i have 2 interest. i love tourism as i love racing sports. you even don't understand what i feel.”

“i wanna be what i want to be.”