Chapter 39

*Slam*

Abigail shut the doors of the prince's room.

Gabriel was out of it ever since she dragged him earlier.

"Your highness, it will be fine." Abigail uttered words of comfort.

'That's right. It's gonna be fine. It will be.'

"But Eurielle- she fell. There was blood."

Gabriel was clearly paranoid and traumatised. It was like he got overcome by cowardice and fear itself.

Abigail narrowed her brows.

"I'll take care of it. In the meantime, please take a rest for now." She hugged him.

'I need to get rid of her body before someone else notices it.' She thought.

Abigail was sure that the knight who did that to Eurielle was still there at the moment. She knew that he's still staying guard there until she arrives back.

If only she knew...

"Your highness, I need to take care of something. I'll be back in a bit."

"Where are you going- ahck-"

Gabriel clutched his hair when pain surged inside his head. He felt numb for some reason and his head really hurts.

But at that moment, he recalled unknown memories that had Eurielle in it. He was so confused right now.

He didn't know that the reason why he's like this is all because of Abigail's doing.

'Is he in pain again? Damn it!!'

Abigail took a small sachet from her pocket and let Gabriel smell its content.

Just by smelling it once, Gabriel lost consciousness and fell asleep.

"Please forgive me, your highness. But this is necessary for our happy ending. I need to achieve it no matter what."

She gave him a kiss on his forehead then left the room afterwards.

'Now I need to go back where Eurielle fell.'

....

"W-What-"

Abigail covered her mouth from shock.

She can't believe what she's seeing right now.

She saw disgusting pieces of flesh like it was rotten and there was a pool of blood around it. It looked like a crushed corpse that was smitten by bits.

And aside that filthy scene... Eurielle's body was nowhere to be found.

"H-How could this be? What happened?"

*Rustle*

Abigail heard few rustles feom behind her.

Someone was there.

"Lady Abigail?" It was just a knight.

'I need to act quick.'

"Sir knight! Someone died! There's blood!!" Abigail ran towards the knight and shed a few tears to indicate that was afraid.

The knight was on a patrol and he looked at what Abigail described.

"Urk- Lady Abigail, please tell me what happened."

"I don't know. I was just wandering here and there but then I suddenly saw this scene."

"I need to report this to his majesty."

Abigail continued to cry silently.

'Where did Eurielle's body go?'

....