Chapter 22

"My lady, the prince is here again."

Nathalia uttered, as she placed the tray of tea set on the table.

Eurielle was inside her room, having her afternoon nap. Hearing Nathalia's solemn voice made her open her heavy eyes for a bit.

"Mhm... Honey lemon tea." Eurielle mumbled as she smelled the scent of the tea that she came to love these past few days.

"Here, my lady." Nathalia gave Eurielle the teacup together with its small plate.

"Thank you. You were saying?"

Eurielle sipped on her tea and it warmed her soul.

"His highness has visited once again. He said that he wants to see you."

"The prince? Why?"

Eurielle couldn't understand Gabriel's action.

These days, he kept bugging Eurielle out of meaningless purposes ever since she fell in the lake last three days.

This is already the third time that Gabriel visited her.

[A/N: Gabriel is the name of the crown prince btw since I know some of you forgot (me too) who he is so lemme refresh your mind for a bit :)]

"What does he want from me?" Eurielle innocently asked as she wore a confused face.

"His highness has gone mental." Nathalia murmured.

"Pardon?" Eurielle didn't catch Nathalia's phrase.

"The prince is stuck in an illusion that my lady still craves for his affection." Nathalia calmly relayed her inner thoughts.

"Oh, so he's deluded?" Eurielle nonchalantly concurred.

"Yes, my lady."

"I see..." Eurielle's tone had pity in it. "Help me get dressed."

"Right away."

...

Inside the receiving room, the prince sat on the opposite side of the sofa as he faced Eurielle.

Eurielle was calmly eating her strawberry-flavored cookie, not glancing at him even one bit.

Gabriel is thinking that Eurielle's unusual actions these days is another act of getting his attention.

"Lady Eurielle, how long are you going to keep up with this?" Gabriel asked with superiority.

"Keep up with what?" Eurielle responded, still eating her cookie.

"I know you're acting. Aren't you tired of it? No matter what you do, my heart won't change." He concluded.

"What are you talking about?" Eurielle didn't understand him.

"I'm so f'cking tired of your two-facedness. Will you cut it out? I don't even wanna see your f'cking face anymore." He cussed.

[A/N: this mf—]

"Your highness should be the one to cut this useless act out."

"What?"

"You don't want to see me yet you kept disturbing me these past three days for nothing with a disrespectful attitude. I too am sick of your two-facedness."

Eurielle stopped eating her cookies and massaged her jaw.

When she's in front of the prince, she noticed that he makes her talk a lot. And she hates it. A lot.

"I'll get going first, your highness." Eurielle stood up.

"You-!" Gabriel's patience broke, and he flipped the table out of anger.

He strode towards Eurielle and slapped her left cheek with his right hand.

Slap!

"!!!"

It was the first time that Eurielle experienced this kind of thing.

Numbness spread on her left cheek like a tide and it felt hurt. The slap was a heavy one.

Her eyes held great confusion and her complexion was truly surprised. Her heartbeat kept palpitating ever since she received the slap and hear sight was getting a bit blurry.

'W-What is this..?'

It was as if she discovered a new feeling. But it wasn't a good one.

And it's called 'pain.'

"You've crossed the line, Lady Eurielle. How dare you disrespect a royal—"

*THWACK-!*

A strong punch stopped the prince from continuing his words. His body got stuck on the ground after the heavy blow.

"How dare you- to my daughter." Eurielle's father glared at the prince like he was an insect.

"Father?"

"I'm back."

A tear unknowingly escaped from Eurielle's eye. It was from the pain of course.

"You should go ahead." He uttered.

"Ah, yes." Eurielle stepped out and left the room.

"...."

Grand Duke George finally arrived home after finishing his mission.

He wanted to rest at home peacefully after a long journey but all that welcomed him is the sight of the motherf'cking prince who slapped his daughter. Right in front of him.

Rage filled his head when he saw this so he couldn't help but punch Gabriel like there was no tomorrow.

But when he saw Eurielle's tear on her cheek, he knew that he needed to beat up that prince bastard over again.

"Theo, wake that bastard up." George Deidamus ordered.

Theo was with the Grand Duke since earlier.

When he saw the prince slapping Eurielle earlier, that thin line of reason broke and he wanted to go wild.

But since his master was in the same room, he kept all his rampage inside.

'How dare you hurt Rielle.'

"Master, do we need to keep him alive?"

"We need to. Our plan needs to succeed." Eurielle's father replied.

"I understand."

"Heal the prince with that potion and tell me if he wakes up. I'll beat him again and again til I'm satisfied then heal him once again, then beat the sh't out of him again and finally erase his memories and bring him back to that disgusting palace when I'm done."

"...."

Theo totally understood his master's intention...

But he felt a bit down since he wasn't the one who'll beat the prince right now.

'I'll get you next time.'

___________________

A/N: Is it just me or I'm getting Daddy Regis vibes from Eurielle's father here...hmmmmmmmm. If you know, you know. Lol ( '▽´ )