Chapter 11

The day of the crown prince's birthday has finally arrived.

The whole empire is celebrating for the one and only heir of the throne's most special day and many are rejoicing from other countries.

In the imperial palace, all the servants are hectic in decorating the venue and preparing the whole place.

Various nobles from different households are also preparing themselves for the ocassion.

For them, the banquet could either be a battlefield or entertainment. Young nobles find the banquet as entertainment whilst the older ones are there for inner battle and negotiation.

Eurielle on the other hand, doesn't belong on both.

Actually, she doesn't plan on going to the banquet. If only the emperor didn't send her a letter in attending it, she wouldn't really go.

"You're all ready, my lady." Nathalia uttered.

Eurielle took a look on the mirror and she saw her reflection.

She was wearing a purple ombre dress designed with pearl beads that looked like stars. Her hair was made beautifully and her makeup was light, but still gorgoeus. With this, Eurielle looked like a night fairy.

Though the maids were trembling while they were helping her, they did a pretty great job.

But there was one thing that remained the same even though her appearance has changed.

It was her expression.

Since earlier, the maids in the sidelines are really nervous of Eurielle's reaction. She's been quiet for some time now.

'Oh no, did I apply her makeup incorrectly?'

'Goodness was her corset too tight?'

'I don't wanna die I don't wanna die'

'Wow, she's gorgeous.'

Different thoughts came inside their minds and all of it were directed towards Eurielle.

"The carriage is ready, my lady."

"Okay."

Eurielle left the room and the maids bowed in unison after seeing her leave.

"Whew!"

"That was nerve-wracking."

The maids sighed in relief after Eurielle walked out.

"Have you noticed our lady's change? It's creepy but fine at the same time."

"Yeah but she really looked beautiful earlier."

"I know, I gotta agree with that."

"I hope our lady won't make any mistakes this time again."

"Hahh..."

The maids were worried about their lady's behavior this time.

Hopefully, Eurielle won't cause a chaos in the banquet.. because the past Eurielle they knew was a really contentious person.

...

"Greetings, my lady."

A man bowed in respect in front of Eurielle as he waited for her by the carriage.

Silver hair and eyes red as blood. A handsome face. A playful presence and a noble demeanor.

'Who is he?' Eurielle thought.

She was expecting to see Theo's cute and puppy-like expression while waiting for her but it doesn't seem like that's the case.

She wasn't also seeing Rion since yesterday and she doesn't know why. Though she honestly doesn't mind it either way.