𝟐𝟒, ɪғ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛ

Start from the beginning

And eventually you didn't want to die, not now.

You actually hated to feel this way, to feel very attached to someone. I mean, girl, you have a lot of cool people to call friends and family, why do you need to have someone very close to you, right?

What's the purpose?

You scoffed and just let the tears flow down, rubbing them away won't stop them.

Just then, you finally reached somewhere, unknowingly, and it was the beach.

The beach makes you feel closer to your family, there's one thing that brings you close to them, and it's the sea. Somehow, everyone was connected. Somehow, everything had a path. And somehow, you felt every single one.

Dropping your bag on the sand, you walked to the shore but you didn't stop there, you kept walking. Your feet made contact with the cold sea, and you still didn't stop.

You dived into the water.

And you just let the darkness surround you.

"Chikao-san... was... he did–?"

Dragon nodded, "I'm sorry you had to find that out in this way, but everything went south and we couldn't do much even though we all, the revolutionaries, tried our best."

You looked down at your bleeding hands. You got cut by the sharp pieces of the broken mug. You couldn't feel the sting or the pain of the wounds, you felt numb.

The legs of the chair screeched the floor as it was pushed behind, and the steps halted at your side. Dragon kneeled and turned your seat around. He took a look at your hands.

"We insisted on staying and fighting together against the Navy fleet that was quickly approaching the territory, but your mother did her best to take everyone out of the danger. Including us."

He stood up again and grabbed a first-aid kit that you didn't notice was there. Dragon treated your wounds as you still processed all the information that he dropped on you.

Your eyes found themselves looking outside the window, the moon high in the dark sky, and your thoughts were a mess.

"After the incident passed, the World Government began to spread a wanted poster of a child, a five year old child that was the spitting image of her."

"Me," you gazed at him with desperate eyes. "It was me, right?"

He nodded, "we came to search for you after the evacuation. I promised to your mother that we would protect you from them, but Daisuke told us that you went missing during the escape."

"I–... " He looked at you, brow lifted in curiosity.

"The Navy shot a cannonball at us and I fell on the sea, got dragged by the currents and ended up on an uncharted island for a year... " you concluded. "The Red Haired pirates found me and I spent three years with them, but I didn't know I had a bounty over my head, never. They'd never talk about it before. "

"I see, that's what happened... Maybe they wanted to protect you from the cruelty of the world, even if it was just a bit, " Dragon finished bandaging your hands carefully. "It is cruel of them to hunt down an innocent child."

"I guess so..." Your eyes ended looking down on the floor, your shoulders slumped. "How did you find me?"

"We heard that a Celestial Dragon was coming here to visit, so we came with the message that they would burn Gray Terminal with citizens in it."