Chapter Two (So I'm the villainess)

A nervous giggle slips from my tongue and once it starts, I can't seem to stop it. I laugh uncontrollably until tears form in my eyes and my sides ache with agony. God must love getting his kicks from my pain. I continue to laugh at this stupidly unthinkable situation as the other people in the room look on with pity. I laugh and laugh until my laughter turns to tears. Seriously, what kind of cosmic joke is this? The tears won't stop coming and I can feel another panic attack coming on as my breaths turn to a wheeze. 

"Oh my lady," the maid says in a pained voice as she puts a gentle hand on my shoulder. I lean into her hand and do my best to calm my breathing. Lewis hands me another glass of water and I take small sips so I don't choke. 

"Please, my lady, is there anything we can do for you? A bath? A massage? You haven't eaten in several days. How about some soup?" The other man in the room questions, looking earnest to please me. 

"Some soup would be lovely, thank you mister..." I start, but quickly realize that I don't know how to address anyone.

"Please, my lady, you don't have to be so formal. You can just call me Quinton," he explains, his bright blue eyes shining with pride. 

"Right, thank you as well Lewis and..." I turn to the maid and she smiles back at me.

"I'm your personal maid Audrey. If you need anything at all, I'm just a bell away," she explains.

"As am I, my lady," Lewis chimes in. I nod in response as a loud yawn falls from my mouth. 

"Alright everyone, let's let the lady get some rest. We'll be back later with some fresh hot soup," Audrey says with a clap of her hands. 

Audrey quickly pushes everyone from the room and shuts the double doors with a wink. Once the door clicks shut, I fall back against the mountain of pillows and let my mind wander. They all really care about Rosalie, I think to myself and my heart pangs with guilt. I'm not Rosalie. I don't know where she is or how to get her back. Hell, I don't even know if she's alive at this point. My thoughts spiral a bit, but I reel myself back. 

I don't have time to figure this mystery out, not if I want to survive. There were three things I was certain of at this point in time. Number one, I am currently in the body of Rosalie Raquel Belmont the villainess in the novel, 'A Kiss of Faith.' Number two, at this point in time I have no way to get back to my world so it's not to be treated as a huge concern. And number three Rosalie will be beheaded four years from now. 

If I remember correctly, the novel, 'A Kiss of Faith' follows the story of a commoner named Misty Atwood, who was born with immense power but under unfortunate circumstances. Her family was extremely poor, so Misty worked several odd jobs to help make ends meet. While at work planting roses in the royal garden, she uses her power to heal the crown prince's younger brother, and that's how they fall in love. Then, after going to the magical academy with one another and conquering several obstacles, Rosalie being one of them, they were able to get married and have their happy ending. 

Thinking back, the story was pretty cliché and predictable, but my younger self ate that stuff up. Fantasy romance was my favorite genre of books back when I was in middle school and I practically lived in the library for all three years. I smile fondly upon recalling memories of myself curled up in one of the school's old bean bags with a novel in my hands and a lunch packed by my mother. I wonder if my family misses me? The thought jolts me from my memories and more tears threaten to spill from my eyes. 

NO, now is not the time to be thinking about that. I have to think of ways to survive this nightmare. Thinking about this rationally, the best way to avoid Misty, the prince, and my inevitable downfall would be to not go to the magical academy and just remain within the mansion to become the new grand duchess. Although that's going to be easier said than done. The reason Rosalie ends up in the academy in the first place is because of her scheming relatives.  

Honestly, Rosalie's story is just a tragic if not more tragic than the heroines. Her parents, the duke and duchess of Belmont, were killed in a carriage accident just before Rosalie turned 14, leaving her alone to inherit the estate. Of course, with Rosalie being a child, the relatives took this as an opportunity to be as greedy as ever. At first, their plan was to marry Rosalie off to a man under their control, but unfortunately for them, the men they chose for her were just as scummy and would leave at the first chance at a better offer. 

Then there was future Duke Alfie Meyer. He was the worst of the bunch. Alfie was a pompous ass who thought he was God's gift to the world. He, like the rest of the men, pretended to care for Rosalie to her face, but behind her back, he spread nasty rumors about how dreadfully boring and sad she was. He also messed around with several other women who claimed to be Rosalie's friends and a couple of her maids as well. 

He was a trashy man who deserved a terrible ending, but somehow ends up with a lovely countess and even aids in the prince's love affair with Misty. Of course, all of this happens after he dumps Rosalie in the worst way possible. He shows up at her manor the day before their engagement party and tells her she is the world's most boring woman and that he would rather be dead than married to her. The shock from the confession causes Rosalie to faint and makes her hair turn white. 

After she wakes up, her relatives send her away to the magical academy in a last ditch effort to get rid of her. Little do they know Rosalie is also pretty gifted with magic, not as much as the heroine, but a lot more than most people. So with a chip on her shoulder and something to prove, Rosalie enters the academy with only the best on her mind. The best grades, looks, friends, and of course the best looking man. 

It really is a pity. If it weren't for her, the death of her parents and her greedy relatives, Rosalie would have had a perfectly normal life. But this is a fantasy romance novel and novels like these need a villain which was Rosalie. I'm not Rosalie though and I have no intentions of dying anytime soon. 

AN: I honestly never know what to put at the end of these so I'm just gonna say hi! XD How are you on this fine evening? If you like the story, feel free to comment, vote and share! It really motives me to write more and it's just a nice thing to do. XD