Chapter One (This is Definitely NOT My Bedroom)

A jarring noise that I can't quite place awakens me from the darkness. My body violently jerks in response, causing me to fall to the ground with a loud thud. I let out a silent groan of pain as I try to get my barrings but the second I try to move, an immense pain shoots through my body. Shit, I can't move. I want to scream for help, but my throat is so dry that only the faintest of whispers can be heard. What do I do? I don't even know where I am! Oh god am I going to die here!?! I continue to wallow in my self pity when I hear a door swing open. 

"My lady! Someone get in here and help me!" In seconds, I can feel myself being lifted from the floor and placed back onto the bed I apparently fell from. 

I finally get a good look around the room and my jaw drops. Where the hell am I? The room itself was framed with several large white marble pillars and a giant crystal chandelier hung right above my head. Even the bed I'm currently on is luxurious. It's covered with the softest lavender blankets and surrounded by plush white and gold pillows. The canopy above the bed is also lavender with intricate gold designs. 

"Oh, my lady, I am so glad you're ok." I turn to look at the person who spoke and my eyes meet tear stained maroon ones. The girl next to me has short brown hair cut in a bob style and is sporting a full on maid outfit. Why is she wearing a maid outfit and crying? Did I fall asleep in some sort of cosplay cafe or something? 

"My lady?" I turn to the people on my left and I can't help but be even more confused. The man who asked me the question had long pale pink hair tied neatly in a ponytail and dark grey eyes slightly hidden behind large round framed glasses. The other man had dark brown hair and striking blue eyes. What threw me off about the two of them was the fact that both of them were wearing matching black butler uniforms. 

"My lady, are you ok?" the man with the blue eyes questions. I try to respond, but my throat is so dry that I just end up violently coughing. The man with the pink hair quickly hands me a crystalline glass of water and I chug. A sense of relief washes over me as the sweet liquid washes down my throat. With that sense of relief comes a wave of exhaustion. The second I drain all the water from the glass, I fall back against the plush pillows with a sigh. 

"I apologize, my lady. I should have handed you a glass of water sooner." The sound of her voice causes me to turn back to the maid, who has tears streaming down her face.

"There's no need to apologize, honestly it's really confusing. Why are you treating me like this? And where exactly am I?" I look back and forth between the maid and the butlers for answers, but they seem just as confused as I am.

"You are the lady of the house. It is our duty to treat you with the utmost respect. Also, you are currently in your room, my lady." The pink-haired man answers in a matter-of-factly tone. 

"This isn't my room. Seriously, if I'm in a cosplay cafe, you all are taking your roles way too extremely. I just want to call my parents and go home." The more I speak, the more their faces twist with confusion. I feel a mild panic creep up inside me and I feel eager to get out of this room. "Please, I just want to leave."

"What is she talking about, Lewis? What's a cosplay cafe?" The man with the blue eyes asks the man with the pink hair, Lewis, I guess. 

"Seriously, just give me a phone and I'll be out of your hair."

"I mean, she has been in a comatose state for five days. Maybe she's still just out of it." Lewis responds and my jaw drops once more.

"Excuse me!? Five days!? No, no, no, that can't be possible." I do my best to recall what exactly I was doing before I ended up in this strange situation, but nothing comes to mind. My breathing gets heavy and my vision blurs. I can feel my heart thundering in my chest.  

"My lady, please calm down!" The maid grabs both of my hands and gives them a comforting squeeze. We breathe together for about a minute and my vision slowly unblurred. 

It's time to leave; I think to myself as my eyes slowly scan the room. I see a set of white double doors directly across from the bed, but the man with the blue eyes soon blocked it. He gives me a look of concern, but I feel the need to curse him out. I scan past the door in hopes of another escape route, but everything stops when my eyes land on a large dressing mirror. The person staring back at me in the mirror had pale, almost translucent white skin and an unmistakable pair of violet eyes. Her hair was just about the same color as her skin and fell in waves down her back. I move my hand and the girl in the mirror does the same. Everything about this girl looks completely different from me, yet also unnervingly familiar. 

"... What exactly happened to me? Explain everything from the beginning." The three others share a look before turning to face me head on. 

"Of course, my lady. On the day you collapsed you had a meeting with your fiance Duke Alfie Meyer," Lewis responds. 

"It's the lady's ex-fiance, Lewis," the maid grumbles. 

"My apologies, my lady, your ex-fiance. He came to the manor that day to break off the engagement. Once he broke the news to you, you collapsed... and your hair went bright white," Lewis explains. 

The room goes silent as the words wash over me like a tidal wave. The story they were telling me was all too familiar, but my mind didn't want to believe it. Something like this isn't possible and yet here I was sitting in a luxurious bed living it. There was only one more thing I had to confirm, and I was terrified of the answer. 

"... I see I just have one more question to ask and I know it's going to sound silly, but what is my name?" A tense silence fills the room before the man with the blue eyes answers. 

"Your name is Rosalie Raquel Belmont, my lady."

AN: Hello loves! I am so sorry about the lack of updates. Honestly, writing is hard, and it's been rough trying to get back into the groove of things. Still, I really love these stories and I want to write more. That being said, an update is probably going to be awhile again because I am moving in a week. I probably won't post for at least 2 weeks after the 29th, so yeah. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy today's chapter and stick along for the ride! :D