Prologue (I'm dying!?!)

I hear the loud, ear-piercing screech of the bus stopping in front of me, causing me to look up from my phone. I grab my backpack and quickly make my way up the bus steps. Thankfully it's not too crowded today, so I can get a window seat all to myself. I settle back into the lumpy bus seat and watch as the suburbs pass me by in a blur of warm color. As the minutes pass by me, I let my mind wander. 

My 21st birthday was quickly approaching, and like every year, I was filled with existential dread. Another year of my life passed me by, and I felt like I didn't do a single thing. I went to school, went to work, and that was it. My life had always been a series of me doing exactly what I should, nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't a terrible existence, but I knew deep in my heart I wasn't a significant person in anyone's life. 

Honestly, it sometimes felt like I was a ghost in my own life. I was the third friend who walked behind the others on the sidewalk, the middle child who was kind of just there, or the coworker whose face and name you can barely recall. I was completely and utterly...boring. I had never done anything in my life that made an impression. 

In seconds I feel my eyes begin to mist over, and I have to slap my cheeks to snap out of it. NO! No time for tears, Sabrina. There's no need to act like your life is over. You still have so much time! You're only 21, for Pete's sake! I close my eyes and take a deep breath. When I open them again, I feel a newfound hope. I just have to take my life into my own hands. No more attempting to be the perfect daughter, friend, or coworker. I was going to be me! I'm going to live my life the way I want to. I'm going to go out there and make memories!

The bus comes to a screeching halt, snapping me from my thoughts. I hope out of my seat with some pep in my step and make my way off the bus. Today is just the beginning, I think to myself as I start to cross the street. 

"Hey, watch out!" I can hear the screams of several people, but before I can even think about turning to see what was causing the commotion, white light fills my vision. Then, I can faintly hear the sound of a car horn before the world is suddenly filled with darkness. 

AN: Hello! I decided to start a new project because that's where my brain was taking me. XD I will still be working on The Iridescent Wolf, so updates will be all over the place, but I'll do my best to post as much as possible. I hope you all enjoy! :D