"Sit," he says one more time, and I sat. Crossing my arms across my chest and sputtering out a breath. "It seems like your thing to cause a scene in public."

I prepare to say something, but I quickly close my mouth after observing Zayn's silence. He looked at me fiercely as his palm crossed across the table.

"Are you finished?" He asks in a low, hushed tone, and I was ready to reply when the waitress entered carrying two drinks—a beer and a cup with alcohol—and set them down in front of Zayn and the other in front of the man.

"Hello, my name is Emily, and I'll be your server for the evening," she says as she smiles down at me. "How can I help you?"

"She'll take a margarita." Emily's eyes shifted to the man before she turned to face me.

"Will that be the beverage you desire, ma'am?" I tapped my hand against the table shaking my head.

" No."

He mocks, "No," and I once more turned to face the man across from me. Angry. Who does he think he is?

"No," I say again. "I'll take a martini—the strongest one you have, please." Emily smiles

"May I serve any appetizers to start you off?" I shook my head and look at the two men.

" No, thank you." Zayn replies "I am ready to order, JJ, are you ready?"

" I'm not. Can you give me—us a few minutes please?"

"I'm ready to place my order." Everyone turns to face him, but he never takes his eyes off mine. I hesitantly take my time to look at the exposed tattoos while he runs a hand over his face.

It looked like birds sticking out.

I'm wondering whether there's more under that shirt, and from where I was seated, I could smell the pungent cologne right in front of him. It had a pleasant sensation and a cozy smell that I was unable to place.

Maybe pine? Accompanied by a faint coconut scent.

His eyes shift from me to the server. I watched as his gaze swept over her body. "I'll get your steak with mashed potatoes."

I exhaled and swiftly moved my eyes over the menu options before looking down. "I'll get the same thing, please." I stared at Zayn after swallowing.

"I'll take your pasta." She nods.

"I'll be back in a moment with your drink and food."

"Thank you," I say, seeming to forget that nobody has manners nowadays. I eventually turned and gritted my teeth as I looked at the man in front of me.

"Don't you ever try to order for me again?"

"I thought that's what you liked." With his lips rolling inside his mouth, he seemed amused. I opened my mouth to say something and got interrupted by Zayn.

"Should we start this meeting?" Moving my eyes towards him, he maintained eye contact, slowly fixing the cuffs of his white shirt.

"Yeah, so I can leave this place faster. I work tomorrow—early." I bit my inner cheeks and gazed at the two males.

"What do you do for a living?" I raised an eyebrow while anxiously rubbing my thighs.

"None of your..."

"She is a doctor and a very good one. Whatever the name of those doctors is, she is ideal if you ever need someone to be stitched up or have their health checked."

"What?" I say confusingly nobody saying a word as my drink was placed in front of me before they left again. " What do you mean I'm perfect for—"

"How long have you been a doctor?" The man across from me asked.