Ch 11: Worthy Of You

You have chosen option A:

Option A: Take this opportunity and confess

Y/N

I'm going to do it...

Once I made that clear to myself my heart throbbed nervously. Remaining eye contact with him became hard. 

''I think your father has a hard time accepting it. Your mother also told me that as well, but the time will come.'' I tried to ease his mind which he nodded to, but it was noticeable that he was frustrated. 

''About the other day...''  His eyebrows lifted as if he was trying to recall the day I was talking about.

''I didn't mean to come off rude..''

''You mean the movie night with Jaejin?' I nodded focusing on my polished heels. He didn't seem annoyed recalling that moment, so I hoped he truly wasn't bothered by it.

''I was just....'' my voice strangled thinking about the confession I was about to make. 

''Just?'' This time he stepped closer his hand brushed against mine. As if asking me to look up at him.

''Jealous,'' I spoke trying to brush the embarrassment away with a trace of a smile. It was obvious to see that he felt puzzled. 

''The feeling that you chose Herim above me, I guess. Which is stupid I know after all she was your girlfriend and it's not a secret that the two of you had gotten back together before. I wanted you to selfishly stay with me, not even knowing the reason she wanted you to meet her.''

''Stay with you?'' Why is it that his voice sounded fruity to me? I refused to look at him until I had fully laid down my confession, but noticing how he inched closer once again made it hard.

''Yes me, who else? Jaejin was already passed out, snoring to his heart's content.'' My comment made him burst out in laughter, one that grazed against my ears closely. 

''Y/N.''

''Hanjae-ah.'' This time I held my head up, locking eyes with him. His breath was fanning my face making me realize how close we had become in those minutes. I took a small step back the front door brushing against my back. 

With a shaky breath, I tensed up, nervously holding eye contact.

''I like you.'' It made his eyes widen within seconds and this time it was him taking a step back.

''W-What?''

''You heard me, I like you. That's why I became frustrated and jealous that day, and that's why I accompany you whenever you ask me to, help you out with your band, and take care of you when you're sick. It's not like I can do anything about it, you don't choose who you fall in love with. And it's not like I expect you to return my feelings. I'm highly aware of the fact that you don't see me in that way at all, so I just wanted you to know how I feel. So you can reject me....and I can move on.'' 

I felt myself gradually lean into the door more, hoping for an escape. Now that I finally had put it out there, there was no turning back. And there is no way we will remain the same as before.

''Y/N...You shouldn't like....me.'' It's not like I wasn't aware of that fact, but hearing him say it hurt me more than I expected. To think that I had hope that there would be a chance he felt the same way. I'm an idiot.

I wanted to say something, but I just simply couldn't. That's when I slowly felt myself losing balance as the door I was leaning on opened up. 

''M-Mom.'' I was startled locking eyes with her, her body supporting mine to prevent me from tumbling over.