Ch 9: Time For Courage

You have chosen option A:

Option A: Yes, She likes him

Y/N

Like Hanjae? Me?

I couldn't even deny it. When I think about my feelings towards Hanjae it's evident that they slightly differ from how I feel about Jaejin. It's not like I never thought about it.....me liking Hanjae in a romantic matter. It's just I guess I never wanted to put an actual label on it, but even Jaejin can see that I have unique feelings toward him.

''D-Don't laugh at me.'' It was the same as confessing that I indeed like Hanjae. 

''I'm not laughing.'' His face remained rather serious, a faint smile tugged at his lips once we locked eyes. I expected him to make fun of me but instead...he looked like he was happy?

''Since when did you start to have feelings for him.'' I averted my eyes down to my shoes, thinking about it carefully as well. The truth is I didn't tell anyone about my feelings, figuring it would be just too embarrassing to even express it. But with Jaejin right now...it feels somewhat nice and less embarrassing than I thought. 

''I'm thinking somewhere last year. When...'' A deep sigh left my mouth followed by a chuckle. To talk about these things with Jaejin. He is mostly the type to fool around, but he listens so thoughtfully that it's almost laughable. 

''Why are you laughing.'' His hand reached for my wrist, pulling it away from my body. I noticed that the reason for doing so was my melon ice cream melting away. 

''It's just...I didn't imagine talking with you about this.'' I watched my ice cream slowly drip down the wooden stick in my hand.

''I have always had a special feeling toward Hanjae. I guess from when we were even still children, but last year...When his band won that competition. The way he was smiling so brightly, the way he shined up that stage. It made my heart skip in an unfamiliar way. When he came down the stage and hugged me...I became more conscious of him ever since.''

''Mmm, it makes sense. You guys have always been really close ever since we were children.''

''But we are close too so.'' I guess you really don't choose who you fall in love with.

''We are, but you know me. I hang around with a lot of other people as well. It's not that I didn't notice that Hanjae and you always seem to find comfort with one another. So truthfully speaking I'm not surprised that you feel this way about him.'' I guess there are also facts in that. Jaejin is a very sociable kid, ever since he was young. So growing up even though the three of us were childhood friends Jaejin had a lot of other kids he played around with. Hanjae and I on the other hand used to stick together. Of course, now things are different, Jaejin has his close friend group at the university and I do too and Hanjae has his band members. But I guess the connection we had from when we were little still does a lot to me.

''But it's all good. I'm sure what I'm feeling are just floating emotions that will pass away with time.'' I kept telling myself that since last year.

''He sees me as a kid, his feelings toward me won't be mutual. So I'll just....wait for it all to pass and move on with my life.'' I added.

''How are you so sure?'' This time he took the ice cream away from me, before wiping my hand with some tissues. I lost my appetite to even finish his treat.

''You know, I know it might be a scary thing but I think you should tell him how you feel.'' It made me respond to him with laughter. 

''It's easier said than done.'' Just thinking about confessing to Hanjae.....the face he will make. I will only burden him with it. I don't want him to know.