{2}

HICCUP

That really came out of nowhere. [The sea stack cracks and falls. Toothless grumbles] We gotta work on your solo flying there, bud. That locked-up tail makes for some pretty sloppy rescue manoeuvres, eh? [Hiccup removes his helmet, revealing a 20-year-old Hiccup framed by wild hair, complete with a Viking braid. He walks to the edge of the cliff, taking in the New land] Oh. Looks like we found another one, bud. [An annoyed Toothless throws a small pebble at Hiccup's head] Oh, what? Do you want an apology? Is that why you're pouting, big baby boo? Well... try this on! [Hugs him, tries to wrestle with him] Ya feeling it yet? Huh? Picking up on all of my heartfelt remorse? [Toothless playfully dangles him off the edge of a cliff] Oh, come on. You wouldn't hurt a one-legged-- AHH! [Toothless laughs] You're right! You're right! You win! You win! [Toothless falls backwards] Whoa, whoa, whoa! [Playing with Toothless] He's down! And it's ugly! Dragons and Vikings, enemies again, locked in combat to the bitter--[Toothless pins Hiccup] --URFFF! [Toothless starts to lick him] Gaaaaagh! You KNOW that doesn't wash out. [Toothless laughs and Hiccup splashes some spit on Toothless' face. Hiccup looks around at the new island he discovered and pulls out his map] So what should we name it? [Toothless chews at his armpit] "Itchy Armpit" it is. Whaddya reckon, bud? Think we might find a few Timberjacks in those woods? The odd Whispering Death or two in the rocks? Who knows... maybe we'll finally track down another Night Fury. Wouldn't that be something? So, whaddya say? Just keep going?

[Toothless replies 'no'. A dragon screech catches their attention. Y/n and D/n land on the island and Toothless runs over excitedly to greet D/n]

HICCUP

Afternoon, Valkyrie. Where have you been?

Y/N

Well, winning races, collecting herbs, treating people's wounds. What else? The real question is... where have YOU been?

HICCUP

Avoiding my dad.

Y/N

Oh, no. What happened now?

[She takes the pencil and continues drawing as her betrothed walks around]

HICCUP

Oh, you're gonna love this. I wake up. The sun's shining. Terrible Terrors are singing on the rooftop. I saunter down to breakfast, thinking all is right with the world and I get: [Imitating Stoick] "Son, we need to talk."

Y/N

[Waves arms around while changing her voice] "Not now, Dad. I've got a whole day of goofing off to get started."

HICCUP

Okay, first of all, I don't sound like that. What is this character? And second... what is that thing you're going with my shoulders? [Y/n laughs] A truly flattering impersonation. Anyway, he goes: [Imitating Stoick] "You're the pride of Berk, son, and I couldn't be prouder..."

Y/N

[Imitates Hiccup talking to his dad] "Aw, thanks, Dad. I'm pretty impressed with myself, too."

HICCUP

[Laughing] When have I ever done that with my hands?

[He waves his arms around and Y/n points to him]

Y/N

You just did!

HICCUP

Okay... just... hold still. It's very serious. [Y/n nods playfully while nuzzling his nose] "You're all grown up, and since no chief could ask for a better successor, I've decided--"

Y/N

[Cuts Hiccup off; excited] To make you chief! Oh, my Gods! Hiccup, that's amazing!

[She picks him up and accidentally presses his chest. Hiccup's fin pops out. He grunts and Y/n laughs]