The Beginning

Chapter 1.

One day, Trinity was walking home from school alone. So she had no friends, but she didn't mind. She liked her lonely world. She had parents that loved her and a caring family, but they didn't count. They didn't know what she knew. Once Trinity got home, she entered her room and opened her secret case hidden under the pile of dirty clothes she had thrown on the ground. In the light brown, aging case, was her big secret. Her books. Not just any old books. Her magical books. The ones that can transport her to that world once she flips a page. A single page is all it takes. She took out her favorite book, and opened it.
Trinity felt the familiar sensation of traveling through the vortex that sucked her from boring reality to her fictional world. The feeling was unlike any other. Not just physical, but emotional too. All of her dread and worries and sadness disappeared once she entered the vortex. She wasn't using her imagination like everyone else did once they started reading. Trinity was literally in the world that takes place in her book. She landed with a thump on the ground. Her feet started to get the familiar pain she gets when she falls into her own fictional world. The pain seared from her feet, to her ankles, to her lower calves before it died down. "They have got to put a pillow around here, I'm tired of getting that sharp pain." Trinity muttered to herself, knowing that once the pain was gone, it was worth it.
Trinity walked down the familiar grassy hill all the way to where her friends were. Since this was her favorite story to travel to, she made a lot of friends here. All of her favorite characters and more had come to love Trinity. As she walked down the hill, her long glossy brown hair swayed in the evening wind, revealing her startling blue eyes. She had olive skin from spending so much time outside in her fictional worlds, and was tall and skinny from all of the adventures and training she did in the adventure novels she visited. Once Trinity got to the end of the tall hill, she went inside the little old shack to change into her adventuring clothes.
When she got out, she was wearing a regular orange shirt she had gotten from the last book she visited, jean shorts that were not too short, and some running shoes. She put her hair into a loose messy ponytail, ready for another adventure. Once she finished changing, she grabbed the bag she always left there and headed to Jocelyn's house. Jocelyn was her best friend and the main character of this story. Along with her other best friend, Katie, the three of them had gone on many adventures together.
Trinity reached Jocelyn's door, when she noticed the sun peaking behind the hill she had been on just moments ago. The hill pointed west, so it was late afternoon, about to hit nightfall. That meant that Trinity had to go back to reality in a few hours. So she decided to just hang out with Jocelyn and Katie for a few hours, then go back home. You see, if she stayed in a world even a minute after 8 o'clock pm, then she would stay in that world forever. At first, Trinity thought it would be an awesome idea if she could live in a fictional world forever, but then she learned that if she stayed, the whole story would change. It can be for the better or for the worse. In some cases, the whole plot changes, or the ending changes. If Trinity stayed, she could end up destroying the fictional world, or let the antagonist win. So, she learned that she had to leave her perfect world to save the world she adored.
Trinity knocked on the door three times, and heard footsteps walking toward her. She heard a creak and found Jocelyn standing in the doorway with a huge grin on her idiotic face. Of course, Jocelyn wasn't stupid or anything, but they liked to make fun of each other. "Hey there Trinity, I was wondering when you were going to stop by again." Jocelyn smirked while she let Trinity in. "Don't say you missed me Joss!" Trinity smiled as she nudged Jocelyn in the head. "I told you, don't call me Joss!" Jocelyn growled back, in a friendly way. "And I told you, I don't care! I can call you whatever I want to." Trinity laughed and walked into the spacious living room.
The living room had blue walls and a few paintings and pictures on the wall. It had two Victorian sofas and a love seat couch. When Trinity turned around she noticed Jocelyn's frizzy red hair tied back in a ponytail with a green bandana as a headband. Trinity could now clearly see Jocelyn's green eyes, and her face splattered in freckles. She was wearing a white tank top that went nicely with her tanned skin, and a pair of jean shorts that went up to her mid-thigh. In addition to that, she was wearing white high-top converse. She looked as if she was ready for another adventure. "Sorry Joss, no adventures today, it's getting late so I thought we could just hang out with Katie." Trinity stated, with a little sadness in her voice. "Aww, fine I'll call Katie and tell her to come over." Jocelyn pouted and called Katie.
About ten minutes later, Trinity saw Katie come into the living room. Katie had her black, wavy hair in a side braid, with here purple streak mixing in the braid. Her purple eyes sparkled with excitement. She was wearing a violet shirt that said, Feel The Magic! The violet color of the shirt contrasted against her olive skin. Lastly, she was wearing dark jeans and brown combat boots. Katie also looked like she was ready for an adventure.