Chapter 17

"Cleaning has never been one of your strengths, but please try putting in a bit more effort when wiping the windows," Levi scolded, but at this point, it was more like pleading.

I groaned, going over the same spot I already had wiped for several minutes with my cleaning rag.

Was he planning to make me wipe my fingers off? That window had been clean for the last 5 minutes – any more and it was literally going to disintegrate! To make matters worse, we hadn't even begun cleaning the rest of the room.

I could just imagine what he'd say to say about the other cadets' work.

That, was what he had gathered the cadets for: to clean the entire HQ building after it had been left for renovation for several weeks. He called it cleaning day, and had put us both, as well as the other scouts in those ridiculous outfits with our hair being held back by a cleaning rag, another one tied at the back of your neck like a scarf – all because he thought we wouldn't take it seriously unless we wore them. I didn't think he understood how difficult it was to take anything seriously wearing that, but pointing it out would only provoke him into making me wipe that window forever; so I kept my mouth shut.

"No, not like that," He groaned, and I really didn't get how he had the energy at that point. He'd complained so much that I lost count after the first few minutes.

"Here, I'll show you," He stepped forward, putting his hand over mine, guiding it in the 'correct' way of cleaning the glass.

His chest grazed my back with every movement and I felt my cheeks grow hot. I knew we used to be close a while back... still, did he not think it was weird to be so intimate with me after I lost my memories of him?

Speaking about close... Should I have told him about the potential-titan-shifter? He'd listen – I'm sure, although...that girl, she would probably be upset if I ratted her out, and I didn't know what kind of extreme measures she'd take if she found out...

An image of a lightning flash so bright I had to close my eyes, and then... a huge titan appeared – stomping and smashing every. single. one. of. us – popped in my head.

I did my best to suppress a shudder. It all felt so... real – like it had happened before. Also, who was that girl in the end? She... looked so familiar...

"See? It's not that hard-"

"Levi," I cut him off.

His hand paused its circular movements, still resting atop mine.

Immediately I regretted my decision. What was I going to tell him? That I saw a blonde girl with a ring that terrified me so much I thought she was going to blow us all up? That we had made some psycho-promise and I didn't know if I would put everyone in grave danger by telling him?

As if he could sense my unease, his grip tightened on my hand.

I bit my lip.

Then again, Levi wasn't one to run around and gossip.

I swallowed the short-lived hesitation.

"Are there, other titan-shifters... except for Eren?" I tried – spelling everything out for him still didn't feel like the best course of action.

His inhale was cut short – resulting in some sort of choking sound leaving his throat.

He let go of my hand, stepping away. With the cleaning rag still in my hand, I turned around just in time to witness Levi pulling down the cloth covering his mouth – an action he did too slow for me to miss the tightly pressing together of his lips.

U̶n̶dying love ~ Levi x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara