Hiroki tried to see this issue through Nowaki's eyes. After their first confrontation, he attempted slight compromises. Small things which lessened any future tension between the both of them. When he left his parents' home, he responded to no one but himself. Almost. He still listened to his parents due to their positions in the village. Also, he held them in high respect. In his own home, he led through his own rules, and no one waited for him back home. Nowaki's stay in his home caused him to return in shorter intervals.

The forest which surrounded them made Nowaki's safety uncertain. Not that he undermined Nowaki's capabilities to stay safe, but his muscle mass was smaller than his own. Less strong to defend himself from anything. He might bring up strengthening Nowaki to ease his thoughts.

Nowaki stated. "Besides, I'm not letting you go."

"I am stronger than you." Hiroki quirked up his lips. "Your large build doesn't indicate you're strong around here. Little kids can carry full grown mountain hogs on their shoulders without a problem. You have to build up your muscles."

Nowaki furrowed his brows. "Yeah right. You're bluffing."

Hiroki added strength to his pull. No effort on his part. Nowaki yanked the other direction with all his might. Trying hard to express his strength against Hiroki. Nowaki frowned at the lack of strain on Hiroki's end. Hiroki didn't budge from his spot. He gritted his teeth and kept on his attempt. With one strong yank from Hiroki, he took his hand back. Nowaki slipped on the furs on his legs Hiroki caught him in time.

Hiroki tried not to laugh as Nowaki held onto him. "See? You can't keep me from leaving. Well, unless you tie me up against a tree. You need to build up your strength before trying that again."

Nowaki whined. "At least let me believe I had a small chance here!" The rain poured harder right outside the hut, hitting the roof, gaining their attention. Hiroki groaned as Nowaki grinned. "See! You can't leave this place now. You're going to get sick from getting into that cold water."

Hiroki grumbled in defeat. "Fine." Getting back onto his feet, he trudged over to the separate unit and dumped his stuff in the corner. "You win. For now. Stop smiling Nowaki."

For the rest of the afternoon, Nowaki kept the smile on his face.

Xxxxxxxxxx

Once the weather cleared out, revealing the baby blue sky, Nowaki and Hiroki went toward the beach. Fishing gear in their arms and baskets on their backs. Hiroki led the way down to a secluded beach while Nowaki glanced around in awe. This trail stayed hidden between the various trees and foliage. No wonder no one managed to catch it. The majority went toward the high traffic beaches which lead back toward the village quicker. Hiroki's parents strayed somewhat when they gathered their own sustenance but kept to the safer routes.

Nowaki observed all around him and wondered which trails lead toward the other two villages. No one pointed them out whenever he wandered behind them. Just to know before he somehow walked to the other direction and realized the moment a spear got pressed to his face. Hiroki explained the stories where his parents negotiated getting someone back who went into another village through a lapse of judgement.

The memory of waking up on the floor all tied up, paled in comparison to Hiroki's tales. A few of the stories frightened him, he heard of the dramatic movies on tv but he paid them little attention. He thanked everything that they landed near Hiroki's tribe and not one of the other two.

They stepped onto the sand and left a majority of their materials a fair distance away from the tides. The necessary items remained in their hands. Nowaki stepped out of his sandals, finding he liked the feeling of the sand in between his toes. He placed the sandals onto the sand before he followed Hiroki to set the traps in the ocean. Hiroki pointed out the areas and Nowaki followed the instructions.