Chapter 6

"You paged." She said to Derek.

"Yes, John Doe, age 35, car crash victim. Will somebody give Dr.grey another set of gloves, so she will not rip them." he said noticing as she was going to take off his beautiful ring. Take home for a head CT and page me when the results are up. I brought the guy up. He had a head lack, so I figured there was probably a subdural hematoma. I pages Derek when I saw the results they show a brain bleed but the man also had a brain tumor.

"Hey he has a brain tumor along with a subdural hematoma." As soon as she said that the patient started coding.

"He's coding." Derek said as he ran to get the patient out. They shocked him once at 300 and got him back. They moved quickly to the OR to make sure their patient stayed alive. After they evacuated the bleed Derek closed up because they needed patient consent to remove the tumor. Meredith scrubbed out and went to go find Cristina. When she found her she was with Alex, izzie, and George.

"Hey" Mer said casually.

"Hi" they all replied in unison.

"So you're getting married." Said George.

"Well I'm sure the whole hospital knows by now. " Meredith commented.

"Well we all know how fast word travels around here, it's impossible to keep a secret." Comment Izzie. Alex just smirked. Meredith's pager went off.

"It's my John Doe he's probably awake." She said on her way out the door to the residents lounge. When she arrived in the room John Doe was groggy.

"Sir, can you tell me your name?" she asked.

"Finn Dandridge." he replied.

"Okay Mr. Dandridge I will give you some more time to rest and then we have a few things to discuss." she walked out of the room. She found Derek to inform him that their patient was awake and they should go talk to him together. A few hours later they walked in and greeted him.

"So Mr. Dandridge we found a small tumor on your CT, but we did not remove it we wanted your consent first."

"If it will help me, then yes I would like the tumor removed."

"Okay. Do you have any family you would like us to call for you?"

"No." Finn said. They walked out and shared a small but deep kiss before returning to their work. Derek scheduled Finn's surgery and made a plan for tumor removal. He showed it to Meredith and she agreed with the plan. The surgery was scheduled for tomorrow at 10 A.M. When it was finally the end of their day Derek went to get Mer in the residents lounge.

"Hey" he said as he slowly felt up her sides.

"Hey" she responded. "That was nice" she said as she layed her head back on his neck. He lent down and kissed her. They finally left. When they got in the car Derek began to ask about the wedding.

"do you want to get married in a church and in a white dress? I'm not really sure what kind of bride you are, but I don't think you want to get married in a puffy white dress."

"Well I'm not really sure, but I'm definitely not a big dress bride. What do you want?"

"I just want you to be happy at our wedding." he said as they pulled into the driveway. They walked inside and sat down on the couch to watch some TV. Meredith was letting out some small snores and Derek realized she was sleeping. He sat there quietly and watched her sleep, she looks so peaceful he thought to himself. After a few minutes she began to stir.

"Have you been watching me sleep?" she asked.

"Yes, you snore and it's cute." he replied. After they had gotten up and ate some dinner, he took her upstairs and threw her on the bed while kissing her madly. He began to throw her clothes off. She let some moans in pleasure as she began to take his clothes off.

"ohhhhhhh godddd Derek" she moaned.

"Mer" he said in return. He was inside her and it felt so great. She was thinking the same. After a few hours of hot, dirty sex they fell asleep in each others arms only to be woken up by the alarm telling them they had to go to work.

"ughhhhh" meredith groaned when the alarm went off.

"i could use a shower." derek said with a smirk on his face.

"no, we have to get ready" she replied.

"fine" he said. After they had both showered Meredith went downstairs and started the coffee. By the time Derek got downstairs she had to cups ready to go. They got in the car and drove to work. They rounded on all of their patients.

A few hours later

"okay here is the tumor" derek said. He allowed Meredith to do some of the tumor resection. When they were done he told Meredith to close. She did as he ordered and scrubbed out. A few hours later she went to check on Finn. He began to wake up while she was in the room.

"how did it go?" he asked.

"Good, we got all of tumor" she replied, " I have to go. Bye." She walked out of his room and it was now time for her to get some lunch. After lunch she went to find Derek and ask him if she had anything for her to do.

" hey" she said.

"hi babe" he said.

" do you have anything for me to do?"

"if you don't mind plan the wedding."

" i guess I can work on some plans." she said.

" thank you, but we need to decide on date sooner rather than later." he said. She walked out and saw Cristina, she walked over to her.

"He wants me to plan the wedding" Meredith said.

"Do what you want" Cristina said.

"I don't know how to plan a wedding" Mer said.

"Mer, Ask Izzie I'm sure she can help" Cristina responded.

"Thanks, good idea" she said as she walked away to go find Izzie. Before she could get to Izzie she was paged 911 by Derek. There was another trauma coming into the pit. She went down and Derek said they were going straight to the O.R.. She went with him and scrubbed in. All of the sudden in the middle of the surgery she felt light headed and then everything went black.