Chapter 4

Meredith was at lunch when Derek came to join her.
"Hi" she said casually to Derek.
"Hi" he responded. Derek was thinking about everything that they had been through. He was wondering is Meredith was ready to get married. He didn't think he was after everything she'd been through, so he decided to go talk with Cristina about it. Cristina was on his service today so they could talk about it. Meredith was on Bailey's service. When Cristina came up to him " doing you think she's ready to get married?" He asked out if nowhere.
"Meredith Grey is fragile, be careful if you spook her she will run." Cristina responded.
"Was that a yes or a no?" He asked in return.
"A yes, but be careful. She is ready especially after everything that's happened." Cristina said. Derek thought about how he should propose to Meredith. First he had to go out and buy a ring. After he got off work he went out and searched for the perfect one. He finally found it after about an hour of looking back at rings. He bought and hid it in his jacket until the next day. He walked into work and asked Cristina if Mer would like it and she said yes. He wondered what Meredith would say or if she would freak out and run. Later that day at lunch Derek sat down with Mark and asked him for ideas on how to propose. Mark answered vaguely by saying "do something she will like."
Now Derek couldn't stop thinking about ways to do it. He was still worried she would say no. Later that night he decided he would take her to his land and propose to her there.
"Meredith, will you come to the trailer tonight instead of going to your place?" Derek asked.
"Sure" she replied. Derek went home leaving unnoticed so he could make things just the way he wanted them so he could propose. He slipped back into the the hospital still remaining unnoticed by Meredith. Later that night he brought her home to his trailer. She walked in and saw all of the candles and rose petals Derek had laid out. Then he took outside where he had candles laying around a small fire in the circle.
"I'm going to make some dinner" he said.
"Okay" she replied. A little while later he came out with two steaks for them. When they were done he put the trash in the trash by the trailer and left Meredith waiting there by the fire. He returned a few minutes later.
" Can we go to the trailer now?" Meredith whined.
" I just have one more thing to do" he replied.
He got down on one knee and said "Meredith Grey I love you and I'm not going to stop loving you. Will you marry me?"