"I told him to get out of here," Regulus answered. I winced at how loud his voice sounded. "You need to go to the Hospital Wing."

I shook my head vigorously, then immediately regretted the action as the pounding in my head increased.

"No Hospital Wing," I said. "If I go to the Hospital Wing, my brother will find out. I don't want him to find out."

Regulus sighed, shaking his head, but relented and started guiding me down the hall, away from the direction to the Hospital Wing. We walked slowly, Regulus making sure I was leaning most of my weight on him instead of trying to manage on my own.

I wanted to ask where we were going but kept quiet, unsure what exactly was happening between us. Soon enough, I realised where we were going when we passed familiar hallways, so I wasn't surprised when we arrived at the entrance to the Slytherin Common Room.

Regulus led me into his dorm, careful to hide me from the few Slytherins milling about in their Common Room. Regulus's dorm was dark when we entered, but light quicky filled the room as Regulus carelessly flicked his wand.

"My wand!" I exclaimed, wincing at the volume of my voice. "I forgot my wand-"

"I've got it," Regulus said, cutting me off.

I let my racing heartbeat slow down at his words, assuring myself it was okay. Regulus steered me to his bed, sitting me down as he rummaged around his bedside table, eventually finding a first-aid kit in one of his drawers.

I was surprised, to say the least. Why did Regulus Black, a Slytherin pureblood with a family full of pureblood idealists, have a muggle first aid kit hidden in his room? I was about to ask, opening my mouth, when Regulus started taking out muggle items from it. I closed my mouth, keeping it shut firmly as I watched him unpack and get supplies ready. What were those things for? Why did he have all of them?

Whenever I'd gotton a scrape on the knee or a paper cut as a child, all I would have to do is go to my parents and they'd fix it with magic. I'd never had to heal myself using the muggle way before, and I was hesitant at best.

Regulus grabbed a cloth and dipped some sort of liquid onto it before facing me. I stared at the cloth, wondering if he'd just put poison in it and was planning to kill me. Regulus noticed my hesitance and was quick to explain what it was.

"I put some saline solution on the cloth," he said slowly. "It's a liquid used to clean wounds and get rid of bacteria to avoid infection," he paused for a second before continuing. "Can I use it to clean your injuries?"

He waited silently for my answer, one I wasn't sure I had. He could easily be lying, and this could be another elaborate prank to humiliate me further. He saved you, a voice reminded me, why would he save you only to hurt you now? I couldn't very well fight with that logic, could I? I nodded my head, giving Regulus permission to continue as I tensed, waiting for the cloth to meet my face.

Regulus focused on my busted lip first, leaning closer so he could lightly brush the cloth over the wound. I hissed as a stinging feeling accompanied the action, and an apologetic expression briefly flashed across Regulus's face before it was gone.

I sat in silence as he continued to clean my busted lip, positioning himself between my legs so he could reach my face better. I tried to ignore how that made me feel. How something inside me alighted when Regulus stood that close, eyes fixed on my lips.

I felt everything inside me tightening, but this time it wasn't because of the pain. It was anticipation, but for what I couldn't say. Regulus was just cleaning my lip, nothing more. Those excuses were forgotten when Regulus's eyes slid to mine, and I felt the whole world stop.