"Don't let me go," you repeat weakly. 

Another chuckle, and you can feel this one as a low rumble in his chest.

"I won't ever let you go," he says softly as his other hand comes up to gently smooth your hair. 

You stay wrapped in each other's arms for a while as you gently float back to the ground. You had managed to walk pretty high, so it'll take another few minutes to reach the bottom. 

"I'm glad you trusted me," he says after a while. "I was worried you wouldn't."

"So was I, for a minute," you admit, your voice muffled slightly your arms that are still wrapped tightly around him. "Would it have killed you to tell me what you were planning before telling me to walk off a ledge? I was scared out of my mind."

"I could tell," he grins. "Besides, if I had told you what was going to happen, what would be the point in trusting me?" he counters, and you have to admit he has a point. 

"I still think you could've warned me somehow," you say grouchily, nuzzling into his neck. You take a deep breath in, losing yourself in his comforting scent.

"You did well," he tells you with another chuckle, continuing to smooth your hair. 

A content silence falls between you as you hold each other. 

"How often do you... you know... walk through the air like this?" you ask after a while. 

"Never. This is my first time trying it."

There's a pregnant pause as your brain processes what he just said. You pull back a little so you can look into his face. He stares back at you, as if there's nothing wrong with what he just said. 

"You mean to tell me," you say soberly, "that you told me to step out of the ferris-wheel without knowing this would work?"

"It's magic, Y/N. Why wouldn't it work?" he says calmly, his signature mysterious twinkle returning to his eyes. "I knew we'd be safe if we tried it... but I've never tried it before. A little paradoxical, isn't it?"

You have no words. You're torn between scolding him for the hundredth time today and just letting it go. You eventually decide to just let it go. It amazes you how your childhood friend can keep surprising you like this. There really is never a dull moment when you're with him. It's been this way ever since you started believing in magic. Part of you doesn't think you can take much more of these surprises he has up his sleeve-- just in the last few days you've nearly died of fright a dozen times.... But the other part of you knows that there's no going back to the way things were. You've been introduced to this wonderful new world of magic and now your life will never be the same again. 

"You're unbelievable," you grumble for the second time today. 

"Thank you," he replies with a boyish grin, choosing to take your insult as a compliment. 

"Wait... How did you know we would float down if we stopped walking?" you ask curiously.

"Oh, that... I just assumed that's how it would work. I didn't really know for sure," he replies with a shrug. "Good thing I was right, huh?"

You open your mouth but words refuse to come out, so you just close it again. You close your eyes and take a calming breath, swallowing the string of profanities that were just about to come flying out of your mouth. Just let it go, you think placidly, trying to find your happy place. 

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," you tell him with surprising calmness, your eyes still shut tight. A few more deep breaths puts you in a place where you can look at him again.