Wrong Partner - K. MJ x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Huh?" I thought in confusion.

"Gyongchalgwannim, what took you so long?" The front desk secretary asked.

"Sorry, carrying 12 cups of coffee isn't really an easy task" I joked with her. She giggled a bit and took the cups from me.

"I'll take care of this," She said and I nodded at her in gratitude.

I approached my desk which was right behind my boss's... who was currently talking to Minji.

"Okay, Ms. Kim. Since you paid the convince store clerk for the damages.... he's dropping the charges. Just sign these release forms and I'll have one of my officers get your boyfriend," I overheard my boss say.

"Y/N!" My boss yelled not realizing I was right behind him.

"Yes, Sir!" I sternly answered.

"Oh Good, you're back. Go get the detained individual in cell 2, He's being released" He ordered.

"Yes, sir" I answered him. He then pulled me and whispered in my ear.... "The guy is clearly drunk and he just assaulted the liquor store's convince clerk so be careful. He doesn't seem in his right mind."

I nodded at him and went to go get Minji's boyfriend. Luckily the guy didn't recognize me and was even being friendly, giving me a hug and calling me his friend.

"Why is she with this guy?" I asked myself.

Minji then thanked me and patted the side of my arm. She then helped her drunken boyfriend walk out of the station.

"I can't believe she helped him save face. That guy is always having complaints made against him," My boss sighed sounding frustrated.

"This is my first time seeing them here," I answered him.

"They just moved to this neighborhood. I looked over his files and they're constantly having noise complaints. It seemed to be escalating. It's only a matter of time before something goes completely wrong," My boss responded in a serious tone.

"He clearly hits her too," he added.

"What are you gonna do about it?" I asked him.

"Nothing. As long as Ms. Kim keeps cleaning up his mess.... there's nothing we can do," He answered. I already knew that. I just hoped there was an alternative.

The next day my day off. I relaxed most of the day until night time when I decided to go eat with our desk secretary.

I headed to the station, only to find Minji sitting in the waiting room.

"Again?!" I thought to myself.

"Minji," I spoke up to greet her.

"Oh Gyongchalgwannim!" She answered with a wide smile.

"How could she smile with what she's going through?" I asked myself feeling my blood began to boil.

"And here I thought you might have forgotten me! You haven't said a single word in all our encounters. I was starting to think you didn't remember me," She said giggling a little.

"Oh right, sorry. I didn't find it necessary to say much in those times... but here you are again. Are you being assisted? How can we help you?" I asked her even though I knew I was off the clock.

"Actually, I-"

"Here you are Ms. Kim, you two are free to go!" My boss said interrupting her.

"Right," She whispered to herself.

"Thank you, Lieutenant" Minji told him and grabbed her yet again drunk boyfriend. She then waved me goodbye and I waved back in confusion.

"I don't understand why she didn't press charges," The front desk girl spoke out loud.