Chapter 0: Part 2 - That's in the distance, isn't it?

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Kayden: "Geeeeez, thought you'd never say it!! My back hasn't suffered for nothing!!" - He smirks. "Count me in dude!! Soon as I'm back from the mission, we can look over things together and sort out those tasks you've been procrastinating, as well as the ones you've been dropping on my ass without any hint of remorse. It's too much work for one person!!" - He exclaims, sticking his tongue out.

Rhys: "Are you complaining? Might double the dose and still have you take care of Dolores' cat next time you're around."
Kayden: "Bleeergh!! Anything but THAT!!" - They chuckle.
Rhys: "Thank you Kayden.. Despite being unable to practice politeness and basic etiquette, I couldn't ask for a better friend to have by my side."
Kayden: "Gaaah shut up will ya!? I appreciate the flattering comment, but don't go suckin' up to me now. I'm still pissed off you got everyone else involved, especially Reyna."

Rhys: "She's very special. You shouldn't treat her like a baby."

Kayden: "Maybe so... But you understand why I'm being so cautious, don't you? We never know what'll happen out there. And I guess for that reason, I somewhat understand where you're coming from with this mission too."
Rhys: "I know. I wish it could be avoided, but to be honest, you have every right to be upset at me. Although you mustn't forget I am a leader above all else. And as such, I must make decisions that will benefit and fulfill the needs of our Colony, and its people.

Additionally..." - He turns to him. "Never again will I allow you to speak to me in formal meetings like you did today. It was the first and last time.

Kayden stands up after rolling his eyes, with a gnarly smirk on his face, and peers over his shoulder one last time before leaving the main office. 

Kayden: "I'll be seeing you soon then, partner."
Rhys: "Likewise, partner."

...

Stepping through the front door of the building, he sights Reyna chatting with Billy and Rory whilst waiting for him to leave. The young woman glances over her shoulder at him, yet quickly diverts it in discontent.

Rory and Billy approach him as he walks.
Kayden: "You guys waited..."
Rory: "'Course we did, how else are we supposed to invite you over?"
Kayden: "Huh? What for?"
Rory: "Duuumb question!!" -  He slaps the back of Kayden's neck.
Kayden: "AGHH!! YOU ASSHOLE!!" - He scratches it, checking for anything Rory might've slapped on without him knowing.

Reyna and Billy chuckle.

Kayden: "HEY!!! IT'S NOT FUNNY YOU PRICKS!! CUT IT OUT!"
Billy: "I-I wasn't laughing, I was just clearing my throat." - He stammers, adjusting his glasses through a shy smirk.
Kayden: "Oh yeah!? Maybe you won't have such an easy time doing so with this finger down your throat!!" - He threatens.
Billy: "Ayo!?!? Maaaan that sounds a little fruity- H-HEY!!" - Kayden interrupts by getting him into a chokehold and scratching the nerd's skull with a closed fist.
Billy: "AAAAHH THIS IS UNFAIR!!!! YOU'RE TOO FREAKING STRONG!!! STOP!!!STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP!!! FUUUUUUUCK!!!" - He struggles to get himself loose, facing Kayden Moss's fist of death mano a mano.

Despite being upset, Reyna finds it difficult to contain her laughter even more.

Rory: "HAAHAHA!!! KILL HIM KAYDEN, CRUSH HIS MEASLY HUMAN SKULL!!"
Billy: "MOTHERFUCKER WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON!?!? THIS IS A BEHEMOTH OF EVIL!!"
Kayden: "EVIL OR NOT, HERE I COME!!"

This is the catalyst for Reyna to finally break out in laughter, so loudly in fact that the three of them stop to watch her, even some bystanders turning their heads to observe the commotion, since they're very aware of who she is and how important her work is for the Colony. It's like this is the first time she's laughed like this in years.

Vyralजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें