005

"GUYS I REALLY don't think he meant anything by it" zara spoke down the phone to aaliyah and jordan who were together on the other line.

aaliyah scoffed, "he said 'night pretty' he obviously means something by it! you should shoot your shot babe!"

"i agree, he's definitely into you" jordan added.

"i don't know," she pondered, "i'll just see if he says anything else"

"fine, but if you don't make a move we'll steal your phone and message him ourselves" the other two giggled, making their plan.

"i have to go now, i'll see you both later. who's making dinner tonight?"

"i am!" aaliyah announced, which was good news as aaliyah was the best cook of the household.

"okay bye, i love you both"

the two on the other end of the line said their goodbyes before hanging up, leaving zara to get to her shoot on time.

jack
wyd rn?

zara
i'm on a shoot

jack
cute send me pics

zara
they'll be on my insta at some point
wyd??

jack
me and the team are about to have our yoga session

zara
omg
pls send me pics of that

jack
i will
dec and mase say hi

zara
tell them hi from me

jack
i will
i need to go but i'll message u later xx

zara
yes message later xx

AFTER ZARA HAD finished up at her shoot, she started making her way back to the flat. she got off the underground at her stop and started walking home. just as she was about to enter her apartment building, her arm was pulled back by someone.

"get off of me!" she exclaimed, turning around, only to be met with her ex's face. "what do you want?" she yanked her arm back, rubbing her wrist where he had grasped it harshly.

"i want to apologise z, you blocked my number and you won't answer my dms. i really want to make us work" he pleaded, looking her in the eyes, but she could tell he was being dishonest.

"first of all, there is no 'us'. 'us' was over the minute you decided to sleep with my best friend. second of all, if you ever think i would take you back after that, you must be clinically insane. i'm not gonna be mugged over by you again"

"god zara, you're always like this. getting mad at me for no reason. i literally just apologised and now you're getting angry? get a grip. when will you realise it was your own fault i fucked your best friend. maybe if you'd not been so fucking insufferable, i wouldn't have had to do it"

"if i'm so 'fucking insufferable' then why are you here begging for me to take you back?"

"are you delusional? i never asked you to take me back. you're the one who's making a fuss so clearly you're the one that wants me back"