Dreams fit:

I simply smiled at him and gestured for us to start leaving the room, to which he nodded instantaneously and grabbed my hand in his

I simply smiled at him and gestured for us to start leaving the room, to which he nodded instantaneously and grabbed my hand in his. —That is, until we reached the entryway and unfortunately let go upon meeting the others, all ready and dressed up for the house party. Everyone seems to be very exited about the whole thing. I mean, its Bret we're talking about here. A guy who owns multiple chickens and has great humour.

"George, Dream! There you are. Let's go!" Sapnap greeted enthusiastically and practically made a run for it to one of the cars. I shook my head at the brunette not even bothering to even think about running right now.

Usually Dream would be the designated driver, but now Sapnap had claimed the role, which only means that Dream can sit beside me. I happily got into the car following close after Niki with Dream right behind me.

I buckled my seatbelt and shared a small smile with Niki. I felt guilty not being able to spend any time with her ever since we were at the airport, but I'm glad she has hung out a lot with Wil and Techno at least.

To be fair, I had more.. pressing matters at hand.

"How are you, George?" She asked cheerfully, with her honey laced voice sounding beautifully through my ears. She wore a pretty black top along with a black pearl necklace complimenting her thick eyeliner perfectly. "I feel like it's been so long since we last talked." Niki said, giggling, and reached her hand out, wordlessly asking to hold it.

"Yeah, it's been quite a busy week." I reasoned, grabbing her hand with no hesitation. "I've missed you, though." I had to admit, squeezing her hand the tiniest bit.

"I have missed you too!" She said, pouting slightly, "but I'm not that surprised honestly, I mean, you finally got to connect with Dream after literal years! I am more happy for you if anything." She spoke smiling through her sentences, instantly relieving my guilt, because she's right. I had almost forgotten that I had only met him face to face just some days ago.

It's weird. I'm so used to him as a whole now, that it feels like I've known this Dream for a lifetime. I had gotten to examine every nook and cranny of his being and become familiar with his expressions and mannerisms, even just the little things. Like when he fiddles with the ring on his left pointing finger, or when he does exited little jumps when he is nervous, or when his eyebrows twitch together for a millisecond when he's confused about something. It feels revolutionary every time I get to learn more. Just anything.

Niki laughed through her nose when she suddenly remembered something, clearly lighting up her features at the thought. "Like— I remember back when you would talk about Dream for literal h—"

"—No, Niki!" I interrupted a little too loud, causing Sapnap to glare at me through the rear view mirror before quickly returning his attention back to the road. He bopped his head to his playlist along with Quackity.

So what? I would talk about Dream with Niki whenever he was brought up into our conversations. Whether it would be about a video idea we were going to record, or gossip about things he would tweet on Twitter. One time we even chatted about the results of the quiz, because I claimed it was "funny" and she would stay clueless because I didn't want it to come across as anything else. Even if Niki somehow knew, she never commented on it, but I doubt it regardless.

"What did she say, George?" Dream chimed in, and nudged me teasingly with a half smile, feeling myself grow even redder. I was lowkey panicking, unsure of what to say or do with Niki on one side and Dream on the other. He was never meant to know about me occasionally, —or maybe more than occasionally gossip about the blond with other friends.

Niki herself started laughing uncontrollably, seeming like it wasn't meant to be slipped past her mouth. It was instantly confirmed to me when her widened eyes finally caught mine, as if saying 'shit, I'm sorry'.

"George, c'mon. What were you guys talking about?" Dream spoke lowly, giving me an innocent looking smile.

My hand flew to shield my face out of embarrassment, shaking my head. "It- it's nothing!"

"Y'know.. I'll just annoy you about this later, right?Please, tell mee!" He whined in protest, clutching my arm in the process.

"It wasn't anything bad though? I don't get it." Niki commented giggling, confusion written across her face.

"Oh my god.." I started, mumbling, but quickly resulted in words pouring out my lips, barely coherent. "It seriously wasn't anything important! Just about anything that had to do with you. Or- no that sounds wrong. I mean, just casual conversation topics about you. Or, well, sometimes it was about videos, or tweets and— yeah. Only normal things. Nothing to do with— you know. That."

I could almost feel my flushed face and imaginary sweat, coating my forehead.

"George," He barely managed to say through huffs of laughter. "You're so cute when you do that.." He murmured fondly, only hearable to me, or at least I thought it was. I bit back a sheepish smile, knowing I were failing to do so and raised a questioning brow his way, secretly wanting him to elaborate further.

"When you ramble.. it's cute", Dream whispered against my ear, somehow, getting my hint. The blondes pupils dilated, growing dark underneath his angled brow bone, easily boring into my stare.

"Um.." Niki interjected, pulling me back towards reality, regaining my grasp on what was around me.

Shit.

My head flipped, as well as my heart, to her direction, feeling like a deer caught in headlights for the hundredth time this week. Apparently, I had just forgotten we weren't alone, but rather in the car with Niki right beside us, in addition to Quackity, who also didn't know shit. Solely based on her reaction it was clear as day she had overheard Dream. "Shit." I whispered under my breath.

"You guys..?" She asked in a hushed whisper, still processing it herself on what she was trying to imply. Not even a second passed, and the pink haired girl brought a hand to cover her mouth in what could be assumed as shock. "Oooh...! You guys— are?? Explain?? I mean— if you want to of course?" She whisper-shouted, holding her own hand to stabilise herself. I admire her. She has a charm about her that is warm and comforting, always being an easy person to chat with. Yet, I find myself refraining to reveal the truth.

Niki has shown me nothing but kindness over the years of our friendship, so it feels wrong to lie to her in this moment. I then felt warmth seep through my skin, stroking my left forearm comfortingly in small circles, making me relax by his presence. Therefore, I willed myself to gulp down my worries, and resist the urge to cry due to me suddenly feeling so emotional.

"Yeah.." I started, "We have just put a label on it actually.. but I've liked him way longer than that." I finished, making sure to keep my voice level low.

Her features visibly softened as she engulfed me into a big hug, including Dream. "Aw, you guys..! I'm so happy for you! I'm very proud of you George."

I laughed through my nose, feeling overjoyed. "Thanks Niki."

"You better tell me all about it when we go back home and you pack to leave for Florida. Dnf is real." She half joked in a hushed voice, sending us over the edge of uncontrollable laughter. Sapnap and Quackity quickly grew confused, asking what was so funny.

1994 words