Penn's voice cracked miserably, "I thought Luce and I were going to die."

"Shh, I'm glad you're both alive, Okay?" I let Penn go, we both wiped her cheeks again, she nodded slowly, wiped her nose with the back of her hand before grabbing my hand and leading me inside the room as Arianne approached Luce.

Luce, even though she appeared to be sleeping peacefully on the bed with a dextrose and oxygen tube attached to her body, I'm just glad she survived.

"Is Luce all right?"

"Yes, don't worry, she'll be fine," Gabbe responded.

I cast a sympathetic glance at Penn and Arriane while looking down at Luce. I nodded and walked out of the room, hearing Arriane call Gabbe's attention, "Gabbe, we need to talk," before closing the door behind me.

As anxiety attacked me, I bit the tip of my thumb and stared down at my bare feet. In disbelief, overthinking the situation, and still confused as to how I ended up in front of the building, unaware, without knowing that I happened to sleep walk there, but how? How did that happen?

Then I heard footsteps from down the hall, and I looked over my shoulder to see Cam, who paused as he saw me in the distance, was breathing rapidly as if he had rushed his way here, and he looked weary and dirty, his dark hair messy.

"Cam?" I looked at him, puzzled that he smiled faintly as if he was glad to see me okay, he ran as fast as he could and he stopped, standing close to me, raising his arm hesitantly to hold me, as if he wanted to catch me into his arms, instead he just gave me a look, checking to see if I was hurt. "What happened to you?" I puzzledly asked, looking up at him. Was he in the library?

"I thought you were in the library," he exhaled relievedly, his eyes wide with concern.

"I, no, I wasn't in there—" I frowned, bemused, did he get inside the burning library to look for me? "how could you have thought I was in the library?"

Cam averted his gaze, licked his lower lip, and said, "I just, I was..."

Thinking about you. . ? His eyes begged him to say those words to me, and I could feel it in my heart from the way he looked at me so intently, but he couldn't. "It's a small school, so I guessed you were there.— Are you okay?" he said as he looked at his hands lingering to hold me.

"I'm okay, Cam," I said, dipping my chin and looking up at his concerned eyes, persuading him to look back at me, which he did.

"Is everyone okay?" He looked out the small square window and saw everyone inside the room.

"Yeah, Luce and Penn, they got out, but," I sniffled, my eyes damped, "Todd didn't make it out, and I, I—" I glanced down at my bare feet, which Cam noticed. Yeah, I know, I may have looked crazy with my pajamas and bare feet outside the dormitories, and I'm not sure how to explain to him that I had just sleep walked outside and nearly died of fire, but thank goodness Arriane caught me.

My head ached from overthinking what had happened to me, I wiped my nape anxiously and turned away as I bent down, crouched, leaned my back against the wall, and hid my face beneath my palms in shame. I couldn't control my emotions, so I let it out, muttering, "Fuck, something is wrong with me."

Cam frowned and immediately bent and sat down next to me, "Hey, there's nothing wrong with you, (Y/n)," he said sincerely, desperately wanting to hold me with his hand resting over his knee, lingering to hold my hand.