Tale of two brothers

Naruto looked at Sasuke and then at Kakashi, "You want me to what?"

Kakashi beamed, "Train him,"

Naruto frowned and Sasuke looked on in confusion. The once blond sighed, "What makes you think I am qualified?"

Kakashi pointed out, "You know about the Cursed Seal on his neck better than me. You know his greatest strength and his greatest weakness. You have seen what he's most capable of. You said it yourself, he's basically your right hand, literally. You have changed certain things and you knew what he wanted most during this time; the power to defeat Itachi,"

Sasuke scowled, "What do you even mean by all that?"

Kakashi continued, "You said you are here to prevent. You had admitted that Sasuke leaving was one of your greatest regret and you wasted so many years chasing him to beat his senses back into him. So why no jump over all that hassle and deal with him right here and now?"

Sasuke shifted, "Seriously, what is going on? What do you mean I left? Left to where?"

Kakashi crinkled his eye, "Not to mention Tsunade already took Sakura under her wings. As we decided not to let him go to Orochimaru, why not the man who best knew Sasuke at his strongest?"

Sasuke continued to look bewildered while Naruto stared at Kakashi. He agreed with the man...mostly. He's here to change things after all. Besides, Sasuke was his darker half. The Yin to his Yang. His brother in blood, in spirit and in chakra. His hands shook as he started to recall how Sasuke's life was snuffed out. He then made the mistake of looking at Sasuke's face.

His pupil blew wide into black holes as he recalled a different view. Sasuke's suicide attack, taking out the army of Zetsu as they attempted to trample over a tired Naruto, eager to consume him. A week, Sasuke lasted a week, draining his chakra reserve dry to try and buy Naruto time to revive, shielding them with Susanoo until he disappear in an explosion of chakra. Taking out the Zetsu Horde for one final time...

He already used Izanagi twice...

"Live...for Sakura...for Kakashi...for everyone. Live...for Hinata and your child...live...for me...Naruto...Nanadaime...my only Hokage...my brother..."

Naruto didn't realized when but suddenly he's kneeling on the ground, shaking, crying, roaring his denial, "Don't die. You can't die. We are one. Don't leave me. I can't do this without you. You're my brother. You're the only one left. Don't leave me. Don't leave me. Don't leave me. Don't leave me-!"

Kakashi pinched Naruto's nerve cluster and the boy crumpled like a marionette with his strings cut. But his body continue to shudder as he cried. He looked at Sasuke who stared at Naruto like he saw him for the first time. His black orbs sought his in utter horror and confusion.

Naruto cry was raw and unfiltered. It was clear, the depth of his despair as Sasuke abandoned him for the third and final time. He had screamed Sasuke's name like the boy died in front of him and he was helpless of stopping it. His face was pale like a corpse and his body was shaking like he was suffering from hypothermia. Even unconscious he continue to call out to Sasuke, begging him to not leave, to not die.

Kakashi sighed, "Well...that happened..."

Sasuke snapped, "What happened?!"

Kakashi didn't know if he should tell Sasuke. It was clear that he didn't expect for Naruto to react the way he did. But as it were, he knew Sasuke won't stay silent. The boy's a blood hound once he's curious about something. He can tell that Sasuke's worried about Naruto ever since the boy changed after falling into a two months coma. He sighed.