Chapter V: For Real This Time

"Come on~ It's time to wake up," a gentle voice enters my ears, making me groan slightly. Despite how warm and soft it feels to just lay here, cuddling the love of my life, she wants me to wake up now of all times. It's my off day and I would rather sleep in as much as I can before the world confronts me with another catastrophe. Besides... It's cold as fuck outside and I don't want to go out there in the January weather.

"I don't want to," I whisper back to the fiery-haired woman looking down at me. My eyes can barely open due to the light of the new dawn coming into the window. "It's too early. How about we just sleep some more?" I know that Sunset wanted to do something important with me today, but I'm not sure what it is. We just got done with Christmas and New Years, so I have no idea what could be so important.

"Early? Honey, the sun is setting, not rising~" she responds to my statement with a soothing voice, gently running her fingers through my hair. My eyes widen after hearing her, feeling a little shocked at that revelation. No, that can't be right. Can it?

"Setting...? But... We didn't sleep for that long, did we? It feels like we only slept for a couple hours." We couldn't have slept all that time... Were we awake late into the night? Gently rolling off of Sunset, I grab my phone, looking at the time. All it takes is one glance to confirm that Sunset is right, making me groan a little more. Why do I have a mild headache after sleeping for that long? I should be fine...

"Did you forget your little adventure earlier today?" Sunset asks me with a slight chuckle. Adventure...? What adventure? Turning my gaze to Sunset, I see her smile at me with an amused tone to her expression, her hand slowly reaching over to my cheek. "You, Applejack and Rainbow Dash went to hangout with each other early in the morning and you came home completely drunk from drinking too much whiskey. I then suggested you should take a nap with me, which you happily accepted~" Drunk... I got drunk? That's impossible. I'm pretty good at monitoring how much I drink and-

Wait... That actually checks out... If I remember correctly, I drank quite a lot with them and I disregarded my thoughts telling me to stop. The only reason I did that was because I wanted to drown out the thoughts of her. I was tired of thinking about what that demon wanted and I was so exhausted trying to figure out her plans. It's been a constant battle for more than a year now... Two Halloweens ago, she started taking control of my body and I can't do a damn thing about it. All I wanted to do was have a single moment where I didn't have to worry about her... So, I drank a lot more than I usually do. Not a smart thing to do in January when there's still ice on the sidewalk...

"I'm sorry about that... I know you wanted to do something with me today. Did I ruin it or can it be salvaged?" I ask her slowly, looking in her eyes for a sign of anger. Surprisingly, nothing but a happy smile presents itself, Sunset slowly caressing my cheek.

"No no. It isn't ruined. You will just have to get ready within the next hour, that's all~" With her statement, Sunset slowly points to our window, the light of the setting sun peeking through our blinds. Taking a deep breath, I sit up and stretch, ready to approach the upcoming night with a happy attitude.

"Fine. I'll take a shower then, but how do you want me to get ready? Something casual?" I ask her quietly, standing up from our bed with a yawn. The slight headache doesn't go away at all, but I know it's just something I will have to deal with. Looking back at Sunset, I see a dreamy smile come over her, looking me up and down for a moment.

"No, not really. This calls for us to dress in fancier attires. You wouldn't mind wearing that dress you wore for our anniversary last year again, would you?" A pleading look comes from Sunset's eyes and I can't help but wonder exactly what she has planned... What could require us to get dressed up like that?