Mike scrunched his nose in agreement, putting his hands in his side.
"But it's heavy..." he complained.
"I thought you were the handyman." Alison replied, shooting him a playful raise of her eyebrow.
"Yeah... you got me there."

"Oh, hello Alison!" sounded a faux-happy voice from the other side of the kitchen. Alison turned around, despite already knowing who the voice belonged to.
"Hi Julian." She replied, a bit confused. He was standing in the doorway, not doing anything in particular but watching them intently. She waited a few seconds, seeing if he was going to do anything before speaking up.

"Can I help you with anything?" She asked, when he made no move to do so. He pursed his lips, waving his hand dismissively.
"Well, you know... Just watching. Don't mind me." He said in a stilted way. Alison frowned. Strange.
But, she shrugged it off and turned back around, getting back to Mike and their freshly brewed cups of tea. When she checked back a few minutes later to see if he was still there, the doorway was devoid of any half-naked MP's.

She sighed with contempt as she sipped the hot drink, relaxing a bit.
"God, I never thought we were going to be able to finish in time. But we totally did it Mike. And not just the sprinklers, everything." She said, a smile growing on her face. Mike hummed in agreement.
"We worked hard though. But they do pay well. Won't have to do any other events for like three months after this. We can focus on ourselves and the renovations some more. It'll be nice. We can play scrabble."

Alison turned to look at him.
"You hate scrabble."
"I hate scrabble with my sister. I like playing against you. I can win against you." He replied, causing Alison to let out a loud laugh.
"How many points do you think Handyman will go for?" She remarked, finishing her cup of tea and standing up to put it in the sink, and then walking over to the pile of boxes. She watched as Mike did the same and came to stand next to her, looking at the boxes with a sigh.

"Well... after you." Mike said, picking up one of the boxes from the top of the pile. Alison grabbed a box too and made her through the house to the attic, Mike in tow. They continued to empty the kitchen of boxes throughout the entire afternoon, with minimal ghost interference- apart from the time they made their way into the attic and found Humphrey's head behind one of the chairs and had to call over Kitty to go put him downstairs, and the time that Pat had come to ask Alison to change the channel because Julian kept switching the tv over to the news when he was trying to watch National Geographic.

When they'd brought up the last boxes, all that was left was Mike's ghost board. It had been collecting some dust over the last few weeks, but it was still an impressive feat for someone who couldn't even see the ghosts. It had pictures for the more recent ghosts from when they were alive, little drawings for the ghosts who weren't alive for photography yet (crudely drawn by Mike, who was sadly no Picasso, but he'd done his best.), and notes and newspaper articles, detailing mainly Julian, Pat's and Cap's deaths. It was actually adorable how much work he'd put into it, and with a little help from Alison as translator for the details, he'd actually managed to find quite a lot of information on the internet.

Alison swatted the board a bit, trying to get the dust off it and went to stand on one side, gesturing for Mike to stand on the other side of it. He did, grabbing his side and the both of them heaved it up and started lifting it through the house, up to the attic with a lot of panting and swearing. The stairs especially were a feat.

"God I think this is the heaviest board in the history of all boards." Alison groaned when they were halfway up the stairs. Mike nodded in agreement, trying to catch his breath. He was not taking this all the way up into the attic. "I don't think I can survive another flight of stairs. Can't we just put it there?" He asked, gesturing to the first door in the hallway. "The Captain's room?" Alison asked, sounding unsure. She looked up at the hallway, where at that exact moment a door opened swiftly, revealing a serious-looking William. He sped out of the room, barely making an effort to greet them as he sped past them down the stairs- lost in thought. Alison raised her eyebrows, not being used to William acting strange. But she didn't have time to think much about it, because the Captain had come out of his room as well, and was watching them with curiosity.