"Sure! I need to get out more anyway, it's a crime to live so close to these amazing sights and take them for granted." He laughed, turning off the paved road onto the gravel road that led to Button house.

---

"Attention, all! This mission is of vital importance." The Captain said, straightening his back authoritatively. With the help of Pat, Kitty and Mary, he'd managed to get all the ghosts at the same place and time, and now had their full attention- for a while at least. Thomas was already staring out the window absentmindedly.

"Now. I propose we divide and conquer. Pat, I'm putting you in charge of the left wing, you can take Kitty, Robin and Julian. I shall check the right wing with Fanny and Thomas." He said, pointing at the various ghosts as he called them out. At the questioning look Mary was giving him, he sighed. He admired her a lot, but without the ability to properly read, he was afraid her talents were of better use somewhere else. "Erhm, and of course- Mary. You can be... the lookout." He continued, not wanting to make her feel left out. At the command, a smile appeared on her face, and she clapped her hands together softly in delight.

"Right. Now that we all have our commands, I shall explain our target. It is a book. Appearance unknown, but the title is 'The language of the flowers.'. It is imperative I come to be in possession of it. Any questions?"

Kitty raised her hand.
"That means important, Kitty." The Captain said shortly. Kitty smiled, looking around at the others as she shrugged nonchalantly and lowered her hand.

"Right. Operation Dahlia is a go. Good luck everyone. We meet back here at 1900 hours for a debrief."

Everyone dispersed; Julian, Kitty and Robin following Pat towards the left wing, and Fanny and Thomas following the Captain towards the right- leaving Mary standing alone in the middle of the sitting room, looking around in confusion. She lifted a finger upwards shyly.

"Right, I's will look out then!"

---

"There is no bally way you are reading them that fast, Thomas. Get it together and search please." The Captain called out from behind a bookcase in the crowded room. They had been searching for a few hours now; without any luck. They'd made their way from the dining room to the sitting room, both rooms that hadn't held a lot of books; but currently found themselves in the study. The study, together with the library, held the most books in the house. And that meant a deep dive into the many, many shelves. Thomas was honestly growing a bit bored of it. He sighed deeply.

"I'll have you know I have much better things to do, you know." He said, reluctantly starting over. Fanny laughed at that from where she was inspecting another bookcase. "You mean like annoying Alison?"

"What is annoyance, but proof of the persistence of my love?" He said, raising his arm towards the ceiling dramatically.

"Good lord."

Fanny sighed at the poet's dramatics and went back to her shelf. The Captain rolled his eyes and continued scanning his own shelves- that is, until a scream startled him out of his trance. "Someone's coming!" Kitty was yelling, running by and pulling everyone from their concentration. Thomas left almost immediately, following Kitty down the hall to the big windows that oversaw the front yard. Fanny tried not to show interest, but after a few seconds she cracked.

"I'd better go and see if our visitors are behaving themselves." She said, trying to play it off. She hurried off quickly, joining the quickly growing crowd in front of the windows, excitedly chattering about the car.

---

Dave had stopped the car in front of the door, pausing for a moment to glance at William as he struggled with his seatbelt. He was an odd man, but meeting him even for the first time it was clear the man had not a single bad bone in his body. Dave found him incredibly charming, and there was this... quality about him that made him believe they would get on splendidly. But today was not the time to get into it, for now he was just glad to have made a new friend. Lord knows it was hard enough in a small town like this. Once William had freed himself from the clutches of the car, he copied him in getting out- to help William get his bike out of the trunk. As the other man put the bike against the wall next to the door, Dave gave him a short wink and a pat on the shoulder.