When The Past Catches Up

Start from the beginning

Y/N: *sniff sniff* Yes, it was my fault. I could have saved them, but instead, I had to be an idiot and let them die right in front of me.

Loona: Y/N, please stop holding everything back; just think of this as a small therapy session. Don't hold anything back; just let it all out.

He cried harder on my shoulders as I started to gently rub his back, hoping he would calm down. Once he finally calmed down, I began to think maybe it's best if we don't go to Tex's party. I figured he might want to be with other hounds, or maybe he just wants to be alone with me. I think it's better to ask.

Loona: Hey, babe, Vortex's party is on Saturday at 8:00. Do you think you're okay with still going?

Y/N: Yeah, I'll go.

Loona: Are you sure? I don't want you to go if you're feeling this depressed.

Y/N: I'll be fine, little Loo.

Loona:Ok, baby.

We sat there in silence for a moment before I thought I'd ask him if there was anything else he wanted to talk about.

Loona: Is there anything else you want to talk about, baby?

He didn't say anything; he just nodded his head.

Loona: Go ahead, I'm all ears.

*Flashback 2/2*

Y/N's POV

I was digging around the trash cans outside looking for food when I heard a noise coming from behind me. I turned my head around and saw an imp just standing in front of me.

Blitz: "Um, hey there, buddy, why are you digging through my trash cans?

Y/N: Fuck off, dickweed; It's none of your business.

Blitzø: You're going through my company's garbage, so It kind of Is.

Y/N: Fine, you want to know so bad?

Blitzø: Um yeah.

Y/N: I'm looking for food.

Blitzø: Don't you have a place of your own?

Y/N: No, I've been alone out here since I was 7.

Blitzø: And how old are you now?

Y/N: I'm 19.

Blitzø: YOU'VE BEEN LIVING OUTSIDE MY OFFICE FOR 12 YEARS?!

Y/N: Yeah.

He sat there In total shock for a good minute or two before he finally began to speak up again.

Blitzø: Tell you what, Kid, why don't you come to stay at my place for a while?

Y/N: Because I don't trust you.

Blitzø: I want to help you, kid; I don't want to hurt you.

Y/N: How do I know you're not a total piece of sh*t liar?

Blitzø: I'm not like other demons down here, kid, plus I could use a hand with my company.

Y/N: So you want me for free labor, then?

Blitzø: No, I just want to help you, kid. How about I make you something to eat to prove myself then?

With no other option, I gave up since this dude wasn't going to give in until I let him help me.

Y/N: Fine, you can help me, I guess.

Blitzø: Great.

I stopped digging through his garbage as he led me inside.

Blitzø: You got a name, kid?

Y/N: It's Y/N.

Blitzø: The name's Blitz; the O is silent, so just call me Blitz.

Y/N: Sure thing, then Blitz.

*End of flashback 2/2.

Loona's pov

I sat there in silence for a good moment. I didn't know he'd been through so much before he turned 25.

Y/N: Hey Loo, can we please go to bed?

Loona: Of course, babe.

Y/N: Do you think we can cuddle for a while? I really need something to hold onto right now.

Loona: Of course we can. Come on, follow me.

I led him back to the bedroom and got under the covers with him. I wrapped my arms around his upper torso while he wrapped his around my lower back.

Loona: Are you comfortable?

Y/N: Yeah.

I then thought of something that might help him feel better—something that makes me feel better whenever I'm feeling sad—some nice head pats.

Loona: Hold on, baby, can I try something?

Y/N: Um, yeah, sure.

I moved away from him, lying down on my back.

Y/N: I thought we were going to cuddle.

Loona: We are babies; just lay that head right on top of my chest.

He laid his chest down on top of my chest while I moved my hand right behind his ears.

Y/N: What are you doing?

Loona:Relax, baby, I'm here to help you.

I started to gently scratch his ear while he slowly but surely started to relax.

Y/N: Thanks, Loo.

Loona: It's okay, baby. Just lay there and relax while I give you some nice, relaxing head pats.

Y/N: I will, Loona.

He slowly closed his eyes and fell asleep while I stayed awake for a little, just gently scratching his fur. He's been through so much, and If It others,n't for me and the ; I'm sure he'd still have all this bottled deep within him. Maybe he just doesn't like talking about his feelings, either way, I think I just need to be there for him right now. I'm sure he's going to need someone to talk to about this kind of stuff. I just hope he's going to get better about talking about his feelings, but there's a good chance he won't, but I can always hope.