02: ARSON

A week later

AUTHOR'S POV

Luck Street,
05:44 pm

" Can't you walk any faster?" Walter scolded showing a poker face to Hope who was almost running behind him with her tiny feet to match his speed.

Panting hard she immediately nodded and started to run with her hands holding carry bags while he was empty-handed.

Bags full of bouquet-making items and a hoodie which Walter unexpectedly brought her.

She believes he's cold but cares. At the end of the day, he's all she has. His arms aren't open for her to give a comforting hug but will definitely protect her from every evil eye. His heart isn't that warm but still has a soft spot which he hardly shows.

Reaching her flower store Walter unlocked its shutter only to be welcomed by the pleasant smell of all the flowers combined. As soon as they entered, Hope placed the bags on the counter and sighed heavily.

She glanced at her palms as they turned red due to carrying the bags all the way. She blew on it and rubbed them together.

She went back towards the door and grabbed the hanging signage board. She brought her wrist closer to her mouth and pulled her sleeve up. She wiped the board with her sleeve then turned the "open" written sign side, making it face the outside.

She flashed a smile starting her day at work which she loves.

She got inside wore a black apron over her light yellow frock and started arranging the shop.

She saw her uncle getting outside to attend the call but didn't notice a pair of eyes watching her all the time.

Lorenzo, who had her shop's visiting card between his fingers and eyes examining her from outside as he was sitting in his red Lamborghini. He saw Walter talking to someone on the phone right next to his car then he rested his hand on his car's hood.

The conversation started with the name of Hope and ended with Hope which he heard word to word.

He reversed his car making the man loose his balance. Scoffing, he parked his lembo nearby, fixing his coat he pushed the door open. Hope was busy making a small bouquet as per a customer's wish.

" Thank you. Have a beautiful day ahead. Visit us again" She wished that customer who happily left the shop.

" Welcome Sir, what can I help y- YOU." She exclaimed.

" Good evening, Hope." He greeted.

Hope was surprised to know he still remembered her name. She blinked multiple times before grinning. " What brought you here?" She asked never letting her smile leave her face.

"You?" He muttered.

" I'm sorry?" She asked thinking she misheard something.

" The smell attracts, I want a bouquet." He changed his words smoothly.

" For a birthday present? anniversary? hospitalized patient? friend? for a bride? to confess? or to apologize to your angry girlfriend? I can make any kind. Pick any." She offered everything in a single breath.

" For someone special." He replied.

" Ummm...Thirteen red rose bouquets would be great then. It either symbolizes eternal friendship or a secret admirer." Hope advised.

" Sounds interesting, Make one like that." He ordered.

" Do you want us to deliver it or you'll take it yourself?" She asked.