064; are you in love with her

Start from the beginning

"Hi," a voice spoke up from the other side of the phone as Corbyn immediately took a deep breath.

"Rose." He breathed out and ran his hand through his hair, "why'd you.. why'd you call?"

"...I don't know." She admitted, "I just wanted to hear your voice."

"Oh." He said.

"Yeah." She sighed, letting the phone call fall into a complete silence.

While he leant against the wall outside of the room full of people, he kept the phone held up to his ear while waiting on her to speak, the feeling that she had something more to say.

As a few more seconds went by and she was still silent, his shoved his free hand into his pocket and stood up from the wall again, heading back to the door that led into the room full of people and becoming ready to end the call.

"I had a really bad day." Rosemary broke the silence as her voice cracked, "and I needed you... that's all."

He stopped with his current walking path and stared at the door in front of him, letting his head fall back and stare at the ceiling while the girl on the call broke into tears, attempting to contain her sobbing.

"I'm sorry I know you're at an event right now," she spoke up again as he took another deep breath, "and we aren't technically anything but I needed to hear your voice."

"Everyone needs to take their seats." Daniel said as the door opened, his head peeking out while Corbyn looked at him, a small furrow in his eyebrows and his phone still held up to his ear, "Randy asked if you could wrap up your phone call... I'm sorry."

"...Where are you, Rose?" Corbyn asked, following Daniel back into the room and over to their table of seven.

"I'm just sitting in my car," she said through a mumble as Corbyn let out a small sigh.

"Meet me at my house, ok?" He said, quickly grabbing his jacket from off of his seat and swinging it over his shoulder, ending the call with Rosemary and shoving the rest of his belongings into his pockets.

His four band members watched him in slight confusion while he threw on his jacket, "my Mom called... there's a family emergency."

"Okay." Randy nodded as Miriam looked up at him.

"Do you want me to come-"

"No, no I just really need to go and be there for her," Corbyn shook his head, "it's-"

"Take her with you." Randy interrupted him, gesturing to his 'girlfriend' who had already stood up, "if there's any cameras it'll be a good moment."

Corbyn stared at Randy with his eyes widened before glancing to Miriam, slowly shaking his head still as the other four band members looked to each other with concern.

"If it's just your mom, why are you so hesitant on taking her?" Randy asked him with a small frown as Daniel let out a sigh and sunk into his seat.

"Because it's a family emergency." Jonah spoke up, "and this is a first date."

"There won't be any cameras." Zach said.

"There will be outside the building." Randy shrugged, "what's the family emergency?"

"You can't ask that." Daniel argued, "it might be personal."

"I can," Randy nodded as they all watched Corbyn take a deep breath and grab the jacket draped on the back of the girl's chair.

"Fine," he mumbled, looking over at Miriam and nodding his head towards the door, "come on."

Miriam quickly nodded and glanced to his four band mates who were all watching her with a shocked yet concerned expression, their heads following her towards the door as she tried to keep up with Corbyn's pace.

They headed out of the building a few steps apart from each other, cameras already pointing towards them and questions being thrown at their faces as they both stayed silent and left the scene as quickly as possible.

As they reached Corbyn's car parked just down the street, she watched him unlock it and let out a frustrated huff, opening one of the back doors.

"Is Rosy your mom's name?" Miriam asked him as he stopped to look at her.

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows, throwing his jacket into the car as she opened the passenger side door, "no."

"Your sisters name?" She asked, the two of them getting into the car as she put on her seatbelt, watching him already begin to pull away from the sidewalk, "seatbelt."

"Not my sister." Corbyn mumbled, using one hand to put on his seatbelt as she looked at him with a small frown.

"So is she even family? What's the emergency?"

"She's the emergency." He said through a sigh, "she's... she's very..."

"I get it." Miriam interrupted him, turning her head towards the window, "...do you want to drop me home before you go to her?"

"What?"

"She's going to question me, right?" She turned her head back to the boy, "is she some kind of fling?"

"She's not a fling."

"She's more than a fling."

"You don't understand."

"I would question a guy if he took a girl to me in this situation." Miriam told him, "take me home."

"It's out of the-"

"It's not a suggestion." She interrupted him again as he glanced to her, "I-"

"That's going to delay me getting to her and I can't do that to her, she needs-"

"Stop the car, I'll get an uber."

"It's dark outside."

"I don't care."

"It's dark outside." He repeated, "she'd hate me for leaving you alone at night more than meeting you herself."

Miriam stayed quiet for the next few minutes as she kept her stare out of the window, the boy driving over the speed limit just to reach the girl as quick as possible while a frown was growing on Miriam's face.

"...Randy said you wanted a girlfriend for the media to distract them from your ex," Miriam spoke up as she fiddled with her rings, "is Rosy your ex?"

"I didn't want a girlfriend, he hired you," Corbyn explained, "Rosy is... she's the most important person in my life."

"Are you in love with her?" Miriam asked, a small smile on her face as she looked over to the boy, watching him pause for a few seconds before hesitating on speaking.

"I don't know." Corbyn shrugged.

"Is she pretty?"

"She's perfect."

"...I'll stay in your car while you go see her when we arrive," Miriam smiled at his response, "I'll do whatever you need me to."

"Thank you," Corbyn glanced to her quickly.

A/N

so what do we think is going to go downnnn 🫣