015; you laughed at mine

but friends don't look
at friends that way

THIRD PERSON.

Saturday Morning had been spent with Rosemary and Corbyn inside of a pottery painting studio, an idea the boy had booked with the intent of enjoying something peaceful and also relaxing knowing that it would fill most of their morning up.

With them sat on either sides of the table and Corbyn mixing mountains of paint together still annoyed that he wasn't achieving the colour he was desperately wanting, Rosemary had been sat in mostly silence to concentrate on painting her piece.

"Why are you so good at everything?" He asked with a frown, "I can't get this colour right."

"What colour are you aiming for?"

"Like a sage green sort of colour."

"...Okay well that's teal." Rosemary looked down at the current puddle of paint and smiled, "added some white and more green."

"Okay." He sighed.

"I would've used pink." She shrugged.

"I don't want a pink plate." Corbyn laughed.

"I can tell." She said through a laugh and raised her eyebrows, their conversation being interrupted by the sound of a phone beginning to ring.

"...Oh, Is it okay if I take this call quickly?" Corbyn asked as he picked up his phone, glancing over to her as she nodded, "it's Jonah."

"Of course." Rosemary smiled at him before returning back to her pottery while Corbyn stood up and walked to the corner of the studio they were in.

The boy had been gone for almost ten minutes on his call, watching Rosemary frequently glance over her shoulder to check on him and ensure the call was still going okay before she'd resume with her own task.

And as he ended the call and walked back over to their table, he sat himself back down and sighed before picking up a paintbrush again.

"All okay?" She glanced up at him as he nodded.

"All okay." He smiled at her, "he was just talking about some song they want to put out and he was going to send me it to listen to it."

"Oh okay." She nodded, "as long as it's nothing bad."

"Nothing bad." Corbyn reassured the girl.

For the next twenty minutes or so the pair of best friends continued with painting their own pottery pieces, concentration shown on their faces as they occasionally glanced over to the others piece of work to see how they were getting along.

"Mine looks really weird without the detail added to it," Rosemary spoke up as she stared at her pottery, turning it around to face Corbyn while he looked up from his piece, "I'm also not a great painter."

"Oh my god," he raised his eyebrows and burst into laughter, throwing his back slightly with the girl watching him with a small smile, "it looks a little like shrek but without the ears."

Her smile grew as the boy continued to laugh at her dreadful attempt of painting, watching him shake his head and sigh with his laughter dying down and him eventually looking back at his own work.