"Hey, Deku..." Katsuki said, a bit tired from school earlier that day. 

"You okay?" Izuku asked.

"Yeah, just tired from school, we had intense training today or some shit. Are you okay?" The blonde answered, easily able to tell that Izuku had more energy for a reason. The greenette definitely had something to say. 

"Mhm! I just found out that mom can finally afford the chemo. I start in a few days." 

'Wait... Deku hadn't even STARTED treatment like that yet? What the hell-'

"Good for you, nerd. I told you not to give up." Katsuki replied, ignoring his thoughts. 

"Doesn't mean it will work though..." Izuku muttered, fidgeting with his fingers, which he noticed was actually becoming bothersome and even though it was a habit he couldn't find the strength to do it for too long. Right before he was going to put his hands down, the hero grabbed both of Izuku's fragile hands, holding them carefully in his own calloused ones, making Izuku blush a bit by the touch. 

"Stop. It will, I know it."

"You're so very sure of yourself... that's a good trait and a bad trait. This isn't even your own life at stake, let alone your problem... I just don't understand how you could care so much. Is this because of your teacher or something?" 

"No, hell no. That pencil-headed dickface couldn't make me talk to people if he wanted to. I care because I want to, got that?" 

"Haha, there's the real Kacchan, you only get angry when someone catches you being nice and says something about it!"

"But seriously... If you care so much... don't get your hopes up."

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

...This time, Izuku was kind of right.

He was partially right because he was still miserable to Katsuki's dismay. However, everything else seemed to be working. 

During the school week, Aizawa took the time to let the students visit the hospital again, which just meant more chances for Katsuki to see the greenette he'd deeply grown a liking to. 

"Hi Kacchan..." Izuku said, not expecting the blonde. He looked tired, bored, and was wearing a beanie, which Katsuki thought was adorable. 

"Hey nerd. So who was right?" The hero smirked, very confident in his answer. 

"Me." Izuku deadpanned, glaring at the cocky blonde. Izuku wasn't necessarily mad at him, he was just tired and extremely irritable. Katsuki took his usual seat, rolling his eyes. He expected nothing less from the greenette, but still didn't know what to say.

What could he say?

"Well, I tried, but the least I can say is that things will start getting better soon." Katsuki cursed himself internally for being so horrible with words. That probably wasn't what Izuku needed right n-

"Thanks, actually. Usually, most people would say 'I'm sorry' or 'there's nothing we can do'. You have no idea how many times I've heard that." One thing Katsuki liked about Izuku: he was blunt sometimes, which made it easy to read him and tell what he's feeling. It came pretty useful to a guy who had shit for words. 

"Well... I'm not exactly like most people if you couldn't fucking tell." Katsuki answered, scooting his chair closer to Izuku's bed. 

"Hmmm... good to know." Izuku smiled, a sight that made Katsuki's heart melt. It was such a rarity to see Izuku get so distracted and actually look happy. Suddenly, the two made eye contact. 

"H-hey, you mind? Sorry, I just... I have a hard time with eye contact a-and people looking at me... I-I don't mean that to be mean, I-I'm just-"

"It's okay, but either way I'm not a total asshole, I'm not gonna judge you or anything." 

"I-I know, everything just different recently since... y'know... my hair started falling out... That's not it, I just..." Izuku stopped his ramble as he accidentally caught Katsuki's eyes again, which burned like a warm fire into his cold green ones. It actually felt really nice. 

"O-on second thought... I don't really mind as long as it's you..." He whispered, and the two didn't even realize that they were just gravitating closer to each other. 

When they both realized they were just a few mere inches apart, Katsuki noticed Izuku's lips, almost as pale as his skin, but so entrancing and enticing. 

"U-uhm..." Izuku managed to stutter out, but he didn't back away. 

"Hey Deku... Ugh, I'm going to hate myself for saying this but- Can... Can I kiss you?" It was at that moment when a man realizes he has balls. Serious balls. 

"U-uhm... Well I-I mean, I'm kind of sick a-and stuff a-and I never uhm..." Izuku was a bright tomato, which showed up clearly against his fair freckled skin. 

"You're not denying it either though." Katsuki smirked and captured the greenette's lips right then and there. 

It took a moment for Izuku to reciprocate the kiss, but once he did the two stayed like that before they both parted. Katsuki shoved his hands in his pockets, standing up and getting ready to leave as he heard his phone buzz as if it were on cue. 

Izuku touched his lips with the tips of his cold fingertips, unable to forget how soft and warm Katsuki's lips were.

Katsuki wore a prideful smirk as he said, "See ya later, nerd", closing the door behind him. 

Izuku was so shocked he couldn't even reply. 

The greenette held both his hands together, close to his mouth, and let a few tears roll down his freckled cheeks.

Did he regret it? No. 

Was it worth it? Absolutely. 

Was he hurt because of it? Yes. The last thing Izuku wanted was for Katsuki to be disappointed when he really was gone. Technically that was a confession, right?

He wanted Katsuki to regret it so much, just get a grade for his assignment and never see him again. It would be better for both of them, but the distance would hurt...

Izuku never considered dying this much until the day he realized he was in love. 

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞
My babiessssss

I cannot-

This story srsly breaks my heart but I'm LIVING for the angst.