Chapter 6 | Hooty's Moving Hassle - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Oh, boy. This is terrible." Eda said anxiously. She grabbed a bottle and tried to dump it out, leaving nothing to happen. "I'm all out of elixir."

"Last time this happened, you turned into this thing." Luz informed, showing everyone her still-cracked screen. The screen showed Eda in her Owl Beast state, growling at the camera.

"I know I should be repulsed, but that look is fierce." Eda smirked as she put a hand on her hip.

"Eda." Luz frowned.

"You're right. You're right." Eda raised her hands in surrender. She then slammed her fist into the palm of her hand. "We need to head to the market."

"Market!" Luz cheered.

"I'm gonna steal everything that's not nailed down!" King shouted.

"I'm gonna steal everything that is nailed down 'cause why not?" You shrugged.

"Before we go, would anyone like to play one more hand in Hexes Hold 'em?" Eda asked, patting her hip. However, she feels nothing. "Hey, where are my cards?"

Luz, who held the cards behind her back, turned around and raised her hand up to her face to whisper to Owlbert. "Take these and fly ahead. She'll have to follow us."

"Owlbert, you sore loser! Gimme back my cards!" Eda yelled at her palisman, who flew away.

"Smooth." You complimented, shooting finger guns at your friend. Luz smiles at you in response.

Eda bangs her fist on a metal screen. She was at a store called, "Mr. Elixir" and it seemed that the owner wasn't available as of now.

"Hey, open up, Morton!" Eda rudely yelled.

"Uh, just a minute." Morton replied.

King walked over to you and Luz sitting on a bench. Luz picks up the small demon and puts him beside her. "Is there anything better than people-watching in the Demon Realm?"

The three of you were looking across the street to see tired people at a bus stop. The supposed "bus," which was an egg, rolled over to the people and stopped in front of them. It "hatched" a large pink bird that had green slime all over it. The bird flies away as the people get in the egg and close it back up. They roll away with Tiny Nose trying to get them to stop.

"Wait, wait!" She called out. She stopped and sighed. "Oh, dang it."

"The curse of tiny legs." Luz commented.

"I know the pain." King shook his head.

A cloaked man stomps toward Tiny Nose, making her run back the other way. The man with his pale green face motioned to his coworkers and marched forward. Behind him were two other people rolling a cart with a giant magenta creature.

"Whoa. That is one ominous parade." Luz pointed.

"That's no parade. Those are demon hunters." Eda clarified. "Dangerous nomads who capture and sell the most powerful beasts."