Chapter 8

While the coach helped them understand what they were trying for in today's game; Noah sat silently beside Dylan on the benches near where they were training. Writing with his full attention on his writing 'Come on John show them what you got! Kick them Henry' Dylan cheered his friends. 'BREAK THEIR LEG HENRY. NO NO NOT JOHN'S LEG! BOO.'

'Hey you' screamed one of the seniors at Dylan 'knock it off!'

Dylan fixed his hat and flipped him as he turned around 'GO HENRY GO JOHN.'

Stanley sat quietly trying to write down the math that were all related to his new project that he had been planning to make for the science team. Another quite afternoon was just what they needed after almost getting caught for sneaking out.

'GOAL! GO JOHN' Dylan cheered; Noah joined him laughing 'Get 'em John!'

The coach was the most impressed by Henry and John's performance; they kept kicking Goal after Goal on their fellow students' side. He needed such position in his team.

The hour long training came to an end with ten against two goals; John and Henry's team won.

'You both did really good out there' Dylan cheered his friends.

The coach informed them that the results will be out on Sunday, out of twenty they were supposed to be only thirteen students who will be chosen for the team. While Henry wasn't too keen on the idea of getting chosen; John wanted to be on the team, he forgot how much he enjoyed playing soccer back in his hometown.

For the next few days every time they will walk past the news board John will stop to make sure the list of the students is there or not; but just as their coach told them, Sunday is the day they will get the names. The only day he didn't bother to look for the list on the board.

Siting in the dining hall they were talking about the upcoming text in history class.

'JOHN' Dylan came in running; out of breath he bent to catch his breath, hands on his knees 'HENRY! He walked towards his friends out of breath, he placed down a paper.

Noah took it 'wha-OH John, henry! You both made it to the team'

'Show me!' John took the paper as Henry read it standing behind him; both boys cheered their selection in the team.

'Did you rip the whole paper out of the board?' Noah asked.

Dylan nodded 'Yeah?'

'How will the other boys know they are in or not' Henry chuckled

'Well' Dylan began

'Hey who took the paper from the board?' One of the boys called from down the hallways.

'Oppsi' Dylan smiled.

It is fair to say that the coach didn't regret give John and Henry the positions in his team. The next following months went to their advantage in winning almost all of the games, earning them both a great deal of attention from their fellow students and friends.