𝕍𝕀: 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕪𝕒𝕝 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕆𝕓𝕤𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟

𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕪𝕒𝕝 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕆𝕓𝕤𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟
༆ 120 𝕍ℂ ༆
• • •

The day Daenemera lost the strength in her arm was the day she was titled the Peacemaker. People spoke of how the princess tried to take blame for her family's actions and her loyalty towards her subjects. Her actions that night only made the realm's love for her even greater and her betrothal to her Aemond spread like wildfire throughout the land. The King planned on inviting high lords to confirm and celebrate the betrothal of his twins.

When they reached back to King's Landing, leaving Rhaenyra and her sons to stay back so that they may soon reside in Dragonstone. Aegon and Aemond were both vexed at their sister. She spoke lies to which Aegon had to take responsibility for and she still protected her nephews even after taking her betrothed's eye. Aemond refused to leave his room and refused to speak to Daenemera. Aegon would walk past her not saying a word. She now felt invisible to her brothers and that hurt more than any cut she has received before. Daenemera sat in Godswood, underneath the large tree, resting her head on Helaena's lap. Helaena was the only person she could look to for comfort the only sibling who was willing to talk to her.

"They hate me now." Daenemera stared up at her sister who was looking down at her.

"They do not hate you."

"Yes, they do. They have never ignored me like this before. Aegon refuses to look at me and Aemond doesn't even wish to see my face. I just wanted my family to cease their foolish fighting."

"I know and you tried your best. Our brothers just need time to rest their minds." Helaena lowered her head to whisper to Daenemera with a sheepish smile.

"Now that we are both betrothed, we can stay close together. We can dance every night together."

"Don't you think Aegon would be keeping you busy."

"He is a drunken brute. He has been ignoring me long than he has done to you."

"So, you are not happy to be betrothed with Aegon?"

"I am happy that I get to stay with you. That is the only good part about this. What do you think of being betrothed to Aemond? Now you'll have him all to yourself." Helaena giggled, but Daenemera didn't seem to be ecstatic at all. She wishes she could feel that way, but how could she when her brother won't even speak to her. They were soon interrupted by Cecelia and Ser Herrick whose footsteps were fast. They both bowed quickly, their faces full of worry. Both princesses stood up, Helaena nodded to her sister before walking off. Daenemera made her friends stay at King's Landing to give them a break.

"We heard what happened, Daenemera. We were so worried." Cecelia locked the princess in a tight hug almost suffocating her.

"Mm... yes, but I'm fine now really. C-could you loosen your grip, Cecelia. I think you might just send me to the grave."

"Y-yes, of course." She removed her hands from Daenemera who took in the air. Ser Herrick walked up to her, his hair was curly and brown hair, he wore silver armor, and his sword rested on his hips. He lifted her arm to see a large scar along it. Cecelia covered her mouth, puzzled at how large it was. They didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. Ser Herrick bit the inside of his cheek.

"How bad is it?"

"I won't even gain my full strength in my arm back. I'll still be able to use it, it just won't be the same as before. I'll be fine so both of you stop worrying so much." Daenemera smiled at Herrick, resting her hand on his cheek. She never saw Herrick angry and seeing it for the first time made the princess a little hot.

"I'm your sworn knight and I've failed you. I knew I should have came with you. If I was there to protect you, you wouldn't have been mauled like this." He knelt down on his knees and looked up to the princess. Cecelia was also on her knees. She also felt responsible for failing her princess. Daenemera blamed no one, she held no hate in her heart, and was ready to let things go.

"I promise to protect the princess and be by her side no matter where she goes. I will risk my life to defend and protect her from anyone who wishes to do harm."

"I promise to protect the princess with my life. I will ensure everything fulfills her needs wherever she might go and wherever she might be." They both rested their heads on the ground near her feet and Daenemera didn't hesitate to stand them up. She was thankful to have such loyal friends by her side.

"I thank you both. There is no need to do all this. I just need to make sure that you guys will stay as my closest friends until the end of my life."

"Always." They nodded.

• • •

Daenemera's hair was braided and wrapped around the back of her head. A style her mother would use for special events. She wore a red dress to represent part of the Targaryen banner. Alicent made Aemond sit next to her, but he didn't say a word to her. He only eyed he wound that the short sleeve of her dress couldn't not hide well enough. A large table was sat in front of her and her family in the throne room, the Iron throne stood behind them. They had the perfect view of the tables below them that were surrounded by different houses and their families. Servants brought in food and wine, something Aegon didn't hesitate to fetch from them. Her father stood up from his chair holding his cup in the air towards his children.

"I wish to toast to my children. They will soon be marrying, and I've never been happier. Aegon and Helaena shall be wed in two years. I am still deciding on the perfect date for my twins, but I must say that it will be hard to let my precious butterfly go." Daenemera smiled shyly as everyone began to clap for the children. She turned her head to look at Aemond who immediately turned his head.

"Play us some music! Today is a celebration deserving of dances." The King's command was met as music filled the room and many people began to dance in the center of the room. Daenemera wrapped her hand around her Aemond's. His eye covered with a patch.

"Won't you dance with me Aemond?" Aemond finally looked at her. Her eyes sparkled; his heart was beating fast.

He opened his mouth to speak, but he couldn't. He could not form any words. Daenemera pulled him from his chair leading him towards the crowd of the dancing people. They danced in each other's arms before having to switch partners and returning back to each other. Daenemera's smiled lit up the room making it hard for Aemond to maintain a cold face. Aemond swore that he would become strong enough so that nothing bad would ever happen to his beloved sister. He would die, kill for her. He would never let anyone else have her, she belonged to him, she belonged to the Kinslayer.

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙴:

╰┈➤ ❝ [𝐼 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑑𝑎𝑦! 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝐼. 𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝐼𝐼 𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑛! ❤︎ ]