𝕀: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℚ𝕦𝕖𝕖𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝔹𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕝𝕪

𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℚ𝕦𝕖𝕖𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝔹𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕝𝕪
༆ 120 𝕍ℂ ༆
• • •

Daenemera's eyes opened almost as swiftly as her body rose from the bed. Her chest rose up and down, her lungs gasping for air. She looked around the room seeing no threat which led her to calm herself. Soon after her she woke up her lady-in-waiting, Cecelia, and her sworn knight Ser Herrick also a bastard, flung the doors open with Queen Alicent and Helaena by her side.

Unlike Cecelia, no one knew of Ser Herrick's true parentage other than Daenemera. She never treated them any less than her best friends. She saved the poor girl from the side of the rode during the winter when she left her home to visit her grandfather, Otto Hightower. Her feet bled from the cold air and rough path she traveled to visit her grandfather, Otto Hightower. The princess was fond of 'bastards' as many of the servants who tended to her were rescued bastards. This gave her the title as a "The Bastard Lover." Anyone who dared to call her by that name has had their tongues removed by the order of the queen. The lady-in-waiting and knight bowed her head as she excused themselves from the princess's chamber, they knew her mother would have sent them away if they just stood there.

"My precious butterfly. Cecelia spoke to me of your crys. My poor child" Her mother spoke with a shaken voice, walking towards her daughter's bed with open arms.

Daenemera and her twin brother, Aemond held a special spot in their mother's heart. She doted on them very much while Viserys only made room for his youngest, Daenemera. The day of their birth it was rumored that the king only held his daughter the whole day while leaving his wife to care for Aemond and her other two. The rumor would go on to say that the king didn't not wish to be disturb with any of his duties during that day, he only wished to spoil his daughter. When the princess was born right after her brother, King's Landing was enchanted by a sworm of blue butterflies. One even managed to get into the palace and landed on top of Daenemera noise. From then on, the twin's name day was celebrated by the people of King's Landing.

"Mother, did it happen again?" She asked as Alicent wrapped her arms around the shaking child. Helaena came into the room and rested her hand on her sister's leg.

"It's getting worse, isn't it? You feel it too, right? The clashing of kins." Helaena questioned her.

"Helaena," Alicent spoke with a strong tone make Helaena slightly flinch.

"It's fine, mother. As always, I do not even remember the dream. It's probably nothing." Daenemera wiped the tears from her face as her head rested on her mother's stomach. Alicent lifted her head, her thumbs caressing her cheeks. "Perhaps you should skip watching your brothers training at the courtyard today."

"No, I promised Aemond and father that I would go. I'm fine mother I promise." She held her mother's hands, staring at her with pleading eyes. The Queen sighed and shook her head I'm disbelief before her lips twisted into a smile. "I'll make you a deal, if I let you go you must agree to start meeting your suitors."

"Ugh, not this again." She flung herself back onto the bed, her movements making the bed shake.

"Daenemera, it is-"

"My duty to bring in heirs and to strengthen our alliances. I know all too well, mother. You never stop reminding me." Daenemera interrupted. "I wish to please you mother, but the men I've met so far are terrible. They only wish to flaunt their wealth and victories. Do you know how many old men have come to see me? They are old enough to be my father! I only wish to eat cake, to dance with Helaena, to be with you and father." Her father has not been pressuring his daughter to marry like her mother was doing. He's even told her if she wishes to never marry, she can reside in King's Landing to live the rest of her life in peace.